Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corporation Point System.

Options
  • 13-04-2010 2:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭

Hey all,

I've been on the corporation housing list for four years this month and just received a letter to say that I now have 69 points.

I've searched online to find out exactly how the point system works to no avail. I emailed their information address and got no reply.

Does anyone know how the system works and how many points are needed before you can be offered accommodation..??

thanks...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭seahorse

From what I've heard of the DCC points system people are positioned on the housing list according to the number of points that they have, so you really have no way of knowing from your number of points when you will be offered accomodation because it is possible for others who have been waiting a shorter legnth of time to obtain more points than you by having more kids/submitting medical certificates etc. In this way people leapfrog over each other on the DCC list and that's why it's near impossible to figure out how long you're likely to wait.

Personally I think it's a system which is open to abuse and DCC should cop on to themselves and scrap it as Fingal and other councils did years ago. In these other councils people are offered accomodation based soley on the date they applied, but that's not the case with DCC. For this reason you're probably waiting on the worst housing list in Dublin; sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

I guess the only thing you can do now is go in to DCC and ask them what is your actual position on the list and how long they think you'll be liable to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

If you ring them, or call in to the Housing Advisors, they can give you a breakdown of the points.

Points are awarded for the amount of people looking for accommodation, bedroom requirements, length of time on list, medical reasons, overcrowding, lack of cooking/washing/bathroom facilities, and such like.

Points for the areas you are looking for may not be high enough. People looking for accommodation in the more settled parts of the city could need in excess of 100 points.

Advertisement