Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel cots is it safe to lend them?

• 13-04-2010 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi
    Just wondering if anyone knows if it is safe to lend a travel cot? I have the Samsonite Pop-Up Travel Bubble cot and found it brilliant so suggested lending it to a friend with a baby who is 3 months old is this safe? The mattress is a little bit stained but clean not sure about cot death regulations though?
    Any advice would be gratefully received

many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Hotels use them all the time so I'm sure it's grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 angs

thanks Khannie I'm sure you right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

The only concern anyone should have is; is it safe and clean?

Since you are the original owner, you can guarantee it is both of the above so no need to worry :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

The main concern about lending cots/travel cots is the mattress, which won't effect you as I recall the samsonite bubble has an inflatable mattress?

The rule of thumb is that every child should have a new mattress as they are a breeding ground for dust mites and new babies can be allergic.
    In some cases the levels of dust mite allergens present in used mattresses have been attributed to cot death (sudden infant death syndrome)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

I agree regarding the mattress.
    Most hotels use them, and actually I have used them in hotels.
    You (or the friend you are lending to) can buy a new mattress fairly cheaply in Mothercare or equivalent.
    I found the travel cot great for day time sleeps!

• Advertisement
Advertisement