Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap places to eat near Stormont Hotel

Options
  • 13-04-2010 3:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭

Hello, I'm going Belfast for my first time next week.

I'm staying at the Stormont Hotel (the job is paying for it). I suppose the area is fairly posh, but is their anywhere in walking distance that is cheap to eat. All I want is a burger or pizza or something, and I'm too tight to pay a lot for food when the job isn't stumping up.

Also would the handiest way to get there be just to take a taxi? About how much would that be?

Also, I suppose that part of town is fairly safe? Anywhere around there I should avoid?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

The nearest eateries to the Stormont hotel would be down in Ballyhackamore, which is in the direction of the city centre. That would be a ~15-20 min walk or 2 mins by taxi. In Ballyhack' there is a pizzeria which I never eaten in but looks inexpensive and seemed fairly busy on Sat night. Opposite is a new bar/restaurant place which is v.nice called Horatio Todds. Food is nice, mains around £8-15. Also just down a bit is an excellent restaurant called Aldens which is pricey. There is also The a bar/restaurant called the Point which is fine, prices £8-12. In amongst that lot is KFC (puke) and Arnolds (a sit in/take away place) and a chinese restaurant and a few cafes. You won't starve let me put it that way. And you get a lot more for you money than you would in the south.

PM me and I can fill in the blanks, the list above isn't exhaustive. I know the area pretty well, could show you about if you like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Thanks for that el tel.

I'll only need to find something to eat for 1 night (work has something arranged for the rest of the time) so you've given me plenty to choose from.

Advertisement