Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1x14 - "Hell-O" [** SPOILERS WITHIN **] [US-13/4/10, IRL-14/4/10]

Options
  • 13-04-2010 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭

So ridiculously excited about the return of Glee!!

Below is a short synopsis of what the new episode has in store so don't read if you want to be surprised. Once the episode has aired here I don't think spoilers will be necessary.
    imdb.com wrote:
    Fresh off their monumental win at Sectionals, New Directions is on top of the world. With an extra spring in their step, they get to work on new numbers for Regionals. But when Rachel and Finn’s budding romance hits a bump in the road after she becomes involved with a competitor, Jesse St. James, it threatens to derail the entire club. Mr. Schuester pays a visit to Shelby Corcoran, coach of Vocal Adrenaline, to confirm Jesse’s motives. Meanwhile, Will is newly single, but is he ready to take his relationship with Emma to the next level? And to top it all off, Sue Sylvester returns from her condo in Boca with a renewed focus on destroying Will and disbanding the glee club.

:)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DingosAteMyBaby

its on in an hour in the US. Im extemely tempted to watch the live stream:( i wish they werent showing it only a day later here, id feel less guilty about staying up and watching it then!!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DingosAteMyBaby

argh its back and it was amaaaaaaaaazing:D definitely worth the wait

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I'm in the middle of loading it! Can't wait to watch it, I'm gonna miss it tonight on TV3 cos I'm coaching.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,483 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'll catch it tonight on TV3 i cant wait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Good episode... Some great lines in it as usual...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Good show.
    They certainly packed in the numbers of songs for just a single show back from a break.
    ...And it was very blommin' obvious what Rachels "new" boyfriend was up to from the start and why!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Brittany never fails to disappoint! :D
    Did you know that dolphins are just gay sharks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

I was a bit underwhelmed after watching it. Not enough Sue. Too much Will and Emma simpering. Ditto Rachel and Finn. Thought I would like Idina's character more. The staging of Hello at the end seemed much less polished than last year, as if the stage was smaller than before. Although the people that complain about the lack of realism might prefer that!

LOVED Britney's lines - the gay shark one was definitely the best of the bunch. Although best moment was Kurt's lustful look at Finn when he was channelling (or trying to channel) Jim Morrisson.

Is Glee the only show where date rape gets a laugh?!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Watched it earlier, excellent!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

So glad this is back and a great episode to kick it off.

It was obvious what Jesse St James was up to, but I'm glad Finn hasn't given up on them and is prepared to fight for their relationship. You can see him picking up the pieces soon!

You've got to love Brittney's one liners, she's hilarious!!!

I suppose they had to go this route with Will and Emma because they couldn't become the happy couple yet. We need more drama where these two are concerned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Was slightly disappointed with the storyline of last night's episode. The second half was particularly dull. Songs were fantastic though, we were quite spoilt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

So happy it's back. Agree that I hoped for more from Idina but hopefully she'll be in it a bit more. Can't help but feel sorry for Rachel.

Loved the Sarah Palin line and Finn's "date" with the two girls. :)

As for Will...what a shít!! I'm sorry but for someone who is meant to be so into Emma he got Idina back in his gaff fairly quickly eh? Felt so bad for Emma with the whole virgin thing.

Songs were great. Needs more Artie though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I'm happy it's back, but I was pretty disappointed with the episode in general. Probably had just built it up too much in my head.

Hoping the rest are better than this one was.

Wasn't surprised whatsoever by
    Emma being a virgin, tbh I'd expected it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Yeah I was a little underwhelmed aswell. Too much Will and Emma, too much Rachel, not enough Sue and no singing whatsoever from Mercedes.

I did like Finn's first song though; one of his best vocal performances to date. And Brittany did get some great lines.

"Sometimes I forget my middle name" :)

Also, do we really need the spoiler tags once the show has aired?

Chinafoot wrote: »
    "Sometimes I forget my middle name" :)

Also, do we really need the spoiler tags once the show has aired?

It isn't on E4 till 19th afaik, so after then I'd say work away without spoilers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

really good episode.
    I was a bit upset over Emma and Will

Great to see John Groff and Idina Menzel in Glee!:D

It isn't on E4 till 19th afaik, so after then I'd say work away without spoilers

Well the title of the thread indicates that there are spoilers in here..and if people haven't seen it they're not likely to be reading the thread.

Once it's been aired on Irish tv I don't think spoilers are necessary. I'm sure one of the mods can make the call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭macy9

Poor Emma, her condition is actually quite sad. Bless her heart.

macy9 wrote: »

Yeah I thought that was so sad. Its like "will she ever find love". Definitely unimpressed with Mr. Schue after last night. Whatever about snogging yer wan in the auditorium, but to make the effort to get back to his apartment. Tsk!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

I'm not sure if this is normal, but did anyone notice that the scenes from this episode that they used in trailer a month or two ago, are different to what were in the trailer?
    Like the "enough product to season a wok" was done differently in the trailer and there was also an extra bit to that scene in the trailer but isn't there anymore and also finn singing Hello, in the trailer it's different than in the episode?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,483 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

There wasnt much of Kurt (except his look at Finn when he was singing was priceless), Puck or Quinn in the episode.

I think Shelby is Rachel's birth mother or at least she should be they look so alike.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Loved Kurt's lustful look, hilarious.

Also Sue's lines, especially regarding the coffees;
    'I'd have got you one Will, but I don't like you'
    . She had some brilliant ones that made me laugh aloud.

So pissed off with Will tho, Emma's a great character and he was such a twat!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Did anyone else think they were filming Idina Menzel weirdly? When I was watching it, I thought she must have been pregnant - camera always seemed to focus on her face and then in Will's kitchen, she was hidden behind a table. I just checked imdb and she had a baby last September so I wonder when this episode was filmed...

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Brit sendin her dinner back

"There was a mouse in mine"

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

I too was slightly underwhelmed. To be honest I'm sick of the whole Rachel singing for most of it. I like her and her singing but I want to see more of the rest of the characters (PUCK!) and as for Finn - I don't think he's that great of a singer. His Doors rendition was cringing.

As for Will and Emma I'm glad it's not running smoothly. I thought Emma was one of the main reasons for breaking up his marriage. Terri only did what she did because of a moment of stupidity (by not telling him the truth) followed by paranoia from seeing Emma & Will together.

I love Sue's lines but I'm starting to love Brittney's lines.

I too thought that whats her name looked like she could be Rachel's mother.

wyrn wrote: »

I too thought that whats her name Idina Menzel looked like she could be Rachel's mother.

Thats what fans wanted her to be cast as because they looked so similar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Just watched it and was a bit disappointed. To be fair, I had built it up a lot and I was very jet lagged so had trouble keeping my eyes open. May have to try again.

I felt like the first few minutes, where Sue gets back in the school and is out to get Glee was a bit forced, just to keep the series going.

Am keeping an open mind anyway!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

macy9 wrote: »

Her condition? It's not like she has a terminal illness! :D

I wasn't that surprised actually... she has such a hygiene OCD! I made me think of Cher from Clueless's remark about keeping her virginity: "You see how picky I am about my shoes and they only go on my feet"

I thought it was a bit strange as well how quickly Will got Idina back to his place. From her point of view she's probably up to something, not sure what he was playing at though. I can see a future storyline where she reveals it to Emma, who goes on to get upset with Will

• Advertisement
Advertisement