Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internal Folding Door

• 13-04-2010 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi,

Looking to install an internal folding door system to close off a certain part of an open plan kitchen come dining room come playroom. The system should fold back into a small area of the room and the doors to be full height (floor to ceiling) allowing for tracks etc. If anyone has got something similar and would love to share please let me know.

thanks,
    Con

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

conkee wrote: »
    Hi,

Looking to install an internal folding door system to close off a certain part of an open plan kitchen come dining room come playroom. The system should fold back into a small area of the room and the doors to be full height (floor to ceiling) allowing for tracks etc. If anyone has got something similar and would love to share please let me know.

thanks,
    Con

Double recessed sliding doors,with counter sunk/flush mounted door handles.The doors slide open on hidden tball bearing track system and slide into the walls,it look well cool (just my opinion).

Makes the best use of space and looks great when doing open plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Kingchip

paddy147 wrote: »
    Double recessed sliding doors,with counter sunk/flush mounted door handles.The doors slide open on hidden tball bearing track system and slide into the walls,it look well cool (just my opinion).

Makes the best use of space and looks great when doing open plan.

Very tidy looking doors, are they made by scrigno?

There a great solution if you have the space, the only downside is whatever the width of each door is you need to build a nib both sides that width to house the doors when there opened.

If you don't have enough room for that, you could have a look at henderson bifold doors. I know they sell the system in brooks thomas and dublin door store.

Advertisement