Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct2Drive Sale - DCS:-Black Shark = €10

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

It seems D2D is having a week long sale and DCS:-Black Shark is included. €10 is a steal for this gem IMHO.

A few good deals there. King's Bounty Gold edition for €10. That's pretty good. Call of cthulu is worth getting getting if you don't have it already even though the pc version is supposed to have a few issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Thanks, gettin this, got a trackir ready to go

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

In case the OP's video oversold you on the game, be sure to check out the video below before you commit.

Its not a game though, its a pure simulator with a huge learning curve. Being a sim fan its right up my street, I already have a flight controller and Trackir, but its not for everyone. You have to do the training etc, can't just jump in or You'll not even get the chopper to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

Fnz wrote: »
    In case the OP's video oversold you on the game, be sure to check out the video below before you commit.

Apologies, it was not my intention to deceive, that was the official trailer for DCS at release.

As PogMoThoin said, it is very much a Simulator, but possibly the best simulation of a helicopter ever done for a PC. €10 IMHO is a bargain, but it won't be everybody's cup of tea.

Nate

• Advertisement

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Its not a game though, its a pure simulator with a huge learning curve. Being a sim fan its right up my street, I already have a flight controller and Trackir, but its not for everyone. You have to do the training etc, can't just jump in or You'll not even get the chopper to start.

I understand that. I should have said "title" not "game". Still believe the OP's video could result in some disappointed purchasers as it doesn't focus on, what some would consider, the tedium of simulation.

Apologies, it was not my intention to deceive, that was the official trailer for DCS at release.

No need to apologise. I just found it funny - seeing 'your' trailer, minutes after watching the, less glamorous, gameplay footage I posted. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

A few good deals there. King's Bounty Gold edition for €10. That's pretty good. Call of cthulu is worth getting getting if you don't have it already even though the pc version is supposed to have a few issues.

Unless you happen to live in Ireland which is not part of the EU and hence you are not allowed to buy it :(

Keep getting the stupid IP is region locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Unless you happen to live in Ireland which is not part of the EU and hence you are not allowed to buy it :(

Keep getting the stupid IP is region locked.

That's strange. I buy from there all the time. The only problem I have is with Paypal. I always get the same stupid error so I have to use the credit card directly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

PogMoThoin wrote: »

I'd also recommend the Producers notes series of videos as a training aid for when you get deeper into the sim.

Nate

Advertisement