Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tactics in FIFA 10

Options
  • 13-04-2010 3:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭

Quick question...Having played Pro Evo for years I got used to the tactical side of things in that game - it was something like L1 + O for triggering the offside trap, L1 + whatever...and they had an option for triggering an entirely new formation mid game, which was great as you didn't have to pause the match etc. Can this be done in FIFA 10?

Just found that this side of the game was much better dealt with in Pro Evo. I rarely do the offside trap in FIFA 10 as it's just too much hassle.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Blarney92

Think if you press up on the directional pad its gives you some options- One is Centreback push on and another one of the four is offside trap.

It's tough to get right as often your right/left back are a good few yards further back than your centre backs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

If you hit left and right on the D-Pad (well, on the Xbox360 D-Pad, presume its the same for PS3), you can choose your general approach, ultra defensive, defensive, balanced, attacking, ultra attacking.

Up and down on the d-pad gives two seperate menu's where you can tune your tactics. You can customise them before the game too. A lot of it is in your formation though, if you go to an exhibition and hit X (presume its square for you), you can edit the current formation. Choose how attack or defense minded each of your players are, tweak runs and formation, etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭AttackThePoster

Cool, thanks. So it is possible to change formation mid game? I knew that you could do the offside trap like that but oddly enough I found it easier to use L2 + O rather than one of the directional buttons. Actually it's a lot easier to use L2 + O. The FIFA system means you need to press up on the D-pad and then another direction after that, little bit awkward for my liking. Also, it's a shame you can't do the offside trap when the opposition are taking a free.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Cool, thanks. So it is possible to change formation mid game?

Not without pausing. Its probably safer that way....usually when I change formation during a match, my players get moved into funny positions, especially if the formation is very different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭AttackThePoster

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Not without pausing. Its probably safer that way....usually when I change formation during a match, my players get moved into funny positions, especially if the formation is very different.

That's seriously a load of balls if it's true. Bugger.

• Advertisement
Advertisement