Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

painting asbestos slates

• 13-04-2010 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭

I have got an old tin of paint that I used to paint the slates a few years back.
    It came with a small tin of (liquid) hardener
    Now the hardener has evaporated away (even though the lid was shut -it seemed to bubble up through the edges) and I wonder if it is possible to get more of the hardener just.
    I have tried adding epoxy harder to it but that doesn't work.
    I don't remember what the make of a product it was but it came as a pack of 2 5 or 10 litre tins ,each with its own little tub of hardener set into the top of the lid -about a quarter of a litre perhaps.
    The first big tin was a primer and the other was the paint (so 4 containers in all)
    So my question is what could be the missing (now) hardener be made up of????
    And could I source it again without having to buy the whole package again (quite expensive) possibly by buying a product that contained it in a chemists
    For example I was able to get acetone for the purposes of diluting epoxy by using nail polish remover .So possibly if I knew the ingredient used to harden this paint I might be able to similarly use some other chemical product ,

Advertisement