Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Poll for Jersey designs 2010

• 13-04-2010 4:02pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Taking from this thread here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055266852

I have posted this poll with all the options I can find. If Lumen or the other mods think I have done this wrong then they will hopefully patch it up or amalgamate them.

The designs are the first 7 and the manufacturers are the bottom 6.

Hopefully this will work as I can be a bit slow at times.

Which Jersey/Manufacturer? 165 votes

Cake or Death from daragh_
    0% 0 votes
    Light Blue from Bluefoam
    42% 70 votes
    Black/Blue from Bluefoam
    2% 4 votes
    Black/Pink from Bluefoam
    6% 11 votes
    Blue/orange/white from Niceonetom
    3% 6 votes
    Blue wool from Hermy
    20% 33 votes
    Original but change the orange to pink and make the blue bluer a la Lampre described by Caroline_ie
    3% 5 votes
    Manufaturer: Capo Forma
    5% 9 votes
    Manufaturer: Woolistic
    1% 3 votes
    Manufaturer:Velotec
    1% 3 votes
    Manufaturer: Carvalho
    1% 2 votes
    Manufaturer: spin11
    6% 10 votes
    Manufaturer: Giordana
    5% 9 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Sorry Pictures:
    Cake or Death from daragh_
    pink_cake.jpg

Light Blue from Bluefoam
    110563.png

Black/Blue from Bluefoam
    110561.jpg

Black/Pink from Bluefoam
    110565.png

Blue/orange/white from Niceonetom
    85497.jpg

Blue wool from Hermy
    78765.jpg

Original but change the orange to pink and make the blue bluer a la Lampre described by Caroline_ie

No picture yet but if someone wants to mock one up :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

could you throw up an option for carolines version of niceonetoms idea
    edit- bah second time today i haven't read the OP
    STOOPID!

Is there anyway i can edit my entry to include carolines idea

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭austinbyrne21

Fair play to you CramCycle! Is there a cut-off date for the poll?

The cut off date is May 1st.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,457 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭alfalad

Can we add the black and pink one with the boards logo popping out of the pocket that was done before and maybe even give a version of it in black and white?

@ Alfad and edwin Ireland

Sorry but i just took the ones I could find dated from 2010 as there are so many threads and posts it would have taken forever otherwise and I get the impression that people wanted this done ASAP. I don't know if I can edit a poll but if someone can PM me with instructions I'll throw them in as well.
    Can we add the black and pink one with the boards logo popping out of the pocket that was done before and maybe even give a version of it in black and white?

If you can mock it up then post it and if I can edit the poll I'll throw it in but like i said I'm unsure as to if it's possible

@ abcdggs

If you can mock up a version (or if anyone has the time) of the "caroline_ie" jersey, I'd love to see it cause it sounded very nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭alfalad

Can't find the exact one i'm thinking of, either Tom or Tiny created it i think, and was something like Bunny's one in here only no grey and the pink was a Rapha pink but and little less of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭lyders

Cake or Death!! I love it!

I'm not too sure of each of the different manufactures. I'm not a huge fan of the current jersey. I like my Orwell jersey, so I would prefer Spin 11.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Cake or death, a slogan by a cross-dresser, written in pink. I like it.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,457 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

no thanks, dont like any of the options offered

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,656 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Looks like "cake or death" will run away with this. Unless one of the others starts making significant inroads, I would suggest we close the poll in a few days, rather than wait until 2 May

A couple of minor tweaks I might suggest on the design - could we use the Boards logo (with the "eyes" in the "O") on the front and back, and what about replacing "Boards.ie" on the sides with "Four Ten" or 410? Only thoughts (I have no problem with the original - and before anyone asks I do not have the skills to mock it up!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭daragh_

I'll make the changes Beasty suggested and post them tomorrow if that's OK?
    I can have a go at mocking up the design described by Caroline_ie if you like?

daragh_ wrote: »
    I can have a go at mocking up the design described by Caroline_ie if you like?

I for one would love to see it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Whats going on Ted?

Why the new jersey design? Whats wrong with the current one? I thought the rational for the last discussion on this was to get wool retro style jerseys, not replace the current jersey with a new design.

This is going to result in 'the old jersey' and 'the new jersey'
    People will be confused, I'm confused!
    Can you not see that this will split us apart? At sportives there will be a divide between one fashion and the other, neither group will speak to each other and as for those who wear 'the new jersey' with the existing bib shorts........ they will be shunned by both groups!

The current one isnt old enough to be retro, what will happen to them? Pockets ripped off and sold to joggers from A.R.T.?
    Zippers sewn up and sold to the Tennis boys & Gals?
    Wind seam plucked off and past over to the soccer heads?

I'm not sure about this.... I like the design if the current gear, jerseys, bibs, mits, arm warmers etc. Perhaps we should pull out our hallowed BOARDS.IE jersey, which is recognised and respected in every county and event in the country, look it in those big boards eyes it has and ask yourself... should I turn this into a polishing rag for my winter hack or wear it with pride????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

My 2c: I love the colours on the pink/black one and the stripe orientation. Not mad on the cake thing or the swish on the back. Would prefer the boards logo more discrete. Just sayin :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 110 ✭✭CarlosK

Howdy people.... I'm liking what I see here. So I take it that this has been done before? I see that some of you are more interested in going retro with the jersey as you already have a modern one from last year.

I am totally new to all this and I'm on a steep learning curve at the min. I'm picking up gear here and there and I'd love to get my hands on one of the boards ones... wether it be a modern style from last year or a modern style from whatever wins out in the poll. I am looking for a modern jersey and not the retro one. I particularly like the black with the white and pink - I think it works together very well. How can I get one ordered? Also, is it just limited to jerseys?

P.S. This may be a stupid question to most of you, but being a newbie I'm gonna go for it.... but what the hell is "Cake or Death?" all about? Its not that I don't like it, I'd just like to understand the meaning if its gonna be plastered across my chest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Raam wrote: »
    My 2c: I love the colours on the pink/black one and the stripe orientation. Not mad on the cake thing or the swish on the back. Would prefer the boards logo more discrete. Just sayin :)

RAAM. You are too thin for a black jersey. You need a more manly figure too do justice to a black jersey. However I did like your take on the Pozatto jersey. I would have bought his current jersey except that I doubt like the Katusha logo.

I would like an original Boards jersey that actually fit me. If anyone organises a jersey order on the original then I would be interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭crumliniano

Definitely want a jersey whichever one wins, but would prefer a non retro/wool one. How do you know what you are voting for in terms of manufacturers - is there a thread linking to the differet manufacturers somewhere that I am not finding?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 110 ✭✭CarlosK

Lumen wrote: »

Ah so its got absolutely nothin got to do with cycling.... well thats cool.... good clip too might I add... i've obviously never seen it before

So back to the topic, modern boards jersey for me thanks.... where do i sign?

Definitely want a jersey whichever one wins, but would prefer a non retro/wool one. How do you know what you are voting for in terms of manufacturers - is there a thread linking to the different manufacturers somewhere that I am not finding?

You should find them all fairly handy through google, just google the name + jersey. There are links in a few threads but i think google is handier. If your looking for a wool one, the woolistic crowd are the ones for your vote, wool is pricey though, just to warn you. I think the original jersey 2010 thread had a brief discussion on a few of them in terms of fit and quality: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055852401

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 395 ✭✭Coronal

I'd nearly be interested in an old and new jersey. I really like the design of the old one, but the new one has pink!

ROK ON, you're interested; anybody else? Would there be any problem with ordering two designs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭crumliniano

CramCycle wrote: »
    You should find them all fairly handy through google, just google the name + jersey. There are links in a few threads but i think google is handier. If your looking for a wool one, the woolistic crowd are the ones for your vote, wool is pricey though, just to warn you. I think the original jersey 2010 thread had a brief discussion on a few of them in terms of fit and quality: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055852401

I should have been clearer - I meant non retro / non wool.

Coronal wrote: »
    Would there be any problem with ordering two designs?

I suppose if we get enough interested in both then I can't see why it would be.

I'm going to start sending e-mails round to companies this week for prices etc. in custom jerseys and post them up on reply, then ask them for cheaper. Anybody who knows anyone working at any of the companies, who could swing discounts, their advice would be greatly appreciated.

I should have been clearer - I meant non retro / non wool.

My Bad :)

Pretty much anyone but Woolistic then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

http://www.carvalhocustom.com/ is where the original jerseys came from, and I think they're the best price/performance that's out there.

Note that if you design a new jersey, the cost will be quite a bit higher than re-ordering an existing one (one off charge of 235 for carvalho), so factor it in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 99 ✭✭Saxobank

Count me in for the order, liking the choice of jerseys been presented, not too keen on retro however!:)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I'd be up for ordering the current one, giving someone money and getting it quickly. Would like to flick between boards and club kit on the way to Moret.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

110731.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

sy wrote: »
    110731.jpg

I miss unionman.:( That was a good day on the bike.

http://www.carvalhocustom.com/ is where the original jerseys came from, and I think they're the best price/performance that's out there.

Note that if you design a new jersey, the cost will be quite a bit higher than re-ordering an existing one (one off charge of 235 for carvalho), so factor it in!

One or two people had complaints about the fit of the kit, I think it was posted on the other thread by niceonetom and a few others. That said people were recommending Spin11 and I really disliked the feel of the last jersey I wore from then. If we can't negotiate a good discount on the print set up fee such as two for one because we are having so many interested, I can split the order between Carvalho for the old and whoever wins for the new. Or maybe we can negotiate a good price with Carvalho for the old jersey + a new print.
    I'd be up for ordering the current one, giving someone money and getting it quickly. Would like to flick between boards and club kit on the way to Moret.

I gather from Tinyexplosions post that if they have the print design then you can order the boards jersey straight from them possibly. Either way once the clear winner is decided it looks like it will take 3-6 weeks from the day we decide on the supplier.
    Conditions of order quoted from site: "Our minimum order for custom kit is 10 of each item (can be mixed sizes); if you order 5 to 9 (inclusive) of a particular item, there will be a 20% surcharge; if you order less than 5 of an item, there will be a 50% surcharge. Payment terms are 50% with the order and 50% prior to dispatch. Delivery times are four weeks, starting from the end of the week the design is approved and quantities confirmed. Delivery charges are roughly one euro per item for 3-5 day registered delivery - we charge exactly what it costs us. "
    Beasty wrote: »
    Looks like "cake or death" will run away with this. Unless one of the others starts making significant inroads, I would suggest we close the poll in a few days, rather than wait until 2 May

niceonetoms design is making inroads and it's still been less than a day so, unless someone has complaints I'll call it on Monday 19th, so we give everyone a chance to get in as well as give opinions on the manufacturers.

Other news: Giordana will give a price on receipt of a design and approximate numbers. They do have a low print set up fee of 90dollars but they're costs otherwise are meant to be pretty high.

Carvalho, well we know the price of the old kit, it's 29.55 + tax per person, for the new kit it will be the same plus a division of the print design fee of 295, ie if 30 of us want it, it will be approx 10e extra but we'll see can we do better when a design is chosen.

Spin11, I heard someone else say they got they're team jersey from these guys before so if they could post up a rough price that would be great. I'll ring them tomorrow and try and get a rough idea.

Velotec are pretty much in the same boat, call with a design and they'll give a quote.

Capo Forma look dead and apparently no one wants the wool except me and one other person :( sad times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

I'm with thebouldwhacker on this one. There should be an option to stick with the original jersey. It's just going to change everytime someone decides to put together an order if ye don't because people want new kit :D. I think it's a bit of a classic and should be left alone!

SomeFool wrote: »
    I'm with thebouldwhacker on this one. There should be an option to stick with the original jersey. It's just going to change everytime someone decides to put together an order if ye don't because people want new kit :D. I think it's a bit of a classic and should be left alone!
    There is the option there, I said I'd do two orders if their are enough people. Also alot of people seem interested in a new kit. Personally I'm going to get one of both as I quite like the old kit as well.

If it is really a contentious issue ( I don't think it is) then I'll let the mods decide since the boards.ie logo etc aren't mine to use/print without permission. I only volunteered because no one wanted the hassle and I wanted a new jersey (and I'm also not very smart :)).

One or two people had complaints about the fit of the kit, I think it was posted on the other thread by niceonetom and a few others. That said people were recommending Spin11 and I really disliked the feel of the last jersey I wore from then. If we can't negotiate a good discount on the print set up fee such as two for one because we are having so many interested, I can split the order between Carvalho for the old and whoever wins for the new. Or maybe we can negotiate a good price with Carvalho for the old jersey + a new print.

I don't think there's any scope for a discount with Carvalho tbh, I spent quite a lot of time talking with them for the original kit order, and they're prices are very low for what you get, and I don't think the amount of kit we'll be ordering is 'large' by their standards (the original order was 40+ sets I seem to remember).

Most of the complaints were down to 'odd' sizing iirc, which can be sorted by going fully custom (Carvalho will make jerseys to any custom size you want for no extra charge) -the other orders have just kept it to standard sizes to make it easier on the person doing the ordering.

Anyone who had issues with quality had no problem getting things replaced (again, this is how I remember it, it may have been different!)

One other option to check out is Kalas -they are a bit pricier than Carvalho, but I've seen a good selection of their stuff, and the quality is some of the best I've seen -they use chamois from the same supplier as Assos for example (so it's the same pad essentially). Worth checking out anyhow.
    There is the option there, I said I'd do two orders if their are enough people. Also alot of people seem interested in a new kit. Personally I'm going to get one of both as I quite like the old kit as well.

If it is really a contentious issue ( I don't think it is) then I'll let the mods decide since the boards.ie logo etc aren't mine to use/print without permission. I only volunteered because no one wanted the hassle and I wanted a new jersey (and I'm also not very smart :)).

The mods don't mind really how the logo is used (certainly not in the jersey context -they were happy to give me high rez versions of all the logos (which I still have, so can supply to whomever designs the winner!)), so I don't think there's any contention there at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

I like daragh_ 's design but the 'cake or death' slogan .. I am not sure. Could we try with with a diferent slogan like ... Equito Ergo Sum or What would Jens Do? Or Just boards.ie/cycling or Ireland's No1 Cycling Forum or some crazy calculation Lumen can come up with, something not so 'cake'y' ...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Unless Cullen Bookkeeping Services want to sponsor the new kit as well?

Anyone on here with their own business that want to sponsor the €295 and have their company name/logo on the jersey albeit discretely.

Think of the old and new kit as home and away gear :cool:

can i just say to cramcycle, give that man a slice of cake.
    Thanks for taking this upon yourself, it's much appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I like daragh_ 's design but the 'cake or death' slogan .. I am not sure. Could we try with with a diferent slogan like ... Equito Ergo Sum or What would Jens Do? Or Just boards.ie/cycling or Ireland's No1 Cycling Forum

Please no Latin.

I'd rather not a direct Jens reference, but "shut up legs!" might work.

A practical alternative would be for the black "cake of death" slogan to be replaced with the boards username. Then we'd only have to remember one name. But I think top tube decals are better for that, and it's a bit close to photocopier-salesperson-conference-name-badges.

Variants on "now you're talking" irritate my inner pedant because boards is a written medium.

If there's to be a joke, it must be one that never gets old. And that's a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

If there is a vote, I vote for no slogan at all. Just boards.ie will do fine. Anything else detracts from it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Signal_ rabbit

I like a couple of the designs but just a thought.... should there not be a small logo of some description on one of the sleeves so the jersey can be instantly recognisable when wearing a gillet?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 sideshowbob23

I personally like the "equito ergo sum", so i voted for that.
    but one of the nagging voices in my head keep goin on about;

'you haven't got enough posts/haven't joined a particular group you haven't found yet/ you're not on the team/other reason [delete as applicable} so you won't get to buy one'.

So I retorted 'shut up stupid brain, I'm gonna ask anyway'.

Tell me this, How much do they cost? and can i order one whatever the new dessign?
    :D

Never expected anyone to like that design :eek:

I'll post versions without the cake line, with a sample boards username, and the other suggestions when I get a chance (not before tomorrow as the day job gets in the way).

For what it's worth, I think the current jersey is deadly and would be chuffed to wear one.. if overweight aspiring Freds are allowed that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 sideshowbob23

whats the '410' by the way? I probably should know or be able to guess i'm expecting, but it is only 9am.

Also agree about the joke thing. Cake line will get old really quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

whats the '410' by the way? I probably should know or be able to guess i'm expecting, but it is only 9am.

In your address bar. Category number:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=410

110743.png

It's the URL address of the forum.
    Took me ages to figure it out.

edit- hungrycol you ninja
    Mini-Loot-Ninja.png

daragh_ wrote: »
    if overweight aspiring Freds are allowed that is.

I have a few, so I'm going with 'yes' for that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

If anyone has a vector of the logo, I'll do some propoer mock ups...

attachment.php?attachmentid=110747&stc=1&d=1271237039

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 99 ✭✭Saxobank

Id like to get my hands on the old kit.. very impressive, so count me for one of each

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement