Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Poll for Jersey designs 2010

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

I presume we're talking summer jerseys here? I'll go for a short sleeve original so.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭honkjelly

I'd like an original one too. You can never have enough jerseys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭crumliniano

I'd like an original too please. Short sleeve.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LastGasp

I got enough original ones last time round, but would be interested in a new one for change.
    I'm not sure how "custom" the Carvalho Custom system actually is. The only person who got one last time was Signal_Rabbit who gave me all his measurements which I passed on to Carvalho. When they confirmed the order, his was just listed as XXXXL-, the -(minus) being for shorter than standard. I didn't hear how the fit turned out - Signal_Rabbit, what's the verdict ??
    For regular sizing I'm 5'11", 42" chest, 32" waist, and size Large everything fits fine, including long enough sleeves, which I had been concerned about. Some people were complaining about the sleeves being baggy in the long-sleeve jersey/training jacket, obviously not a problem if you're getting short sleeves.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,657 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

If an order's going in for the original, I would be interested in a SS full zip jersey.

I am also interested in ordering the new design, whatever it ends up as

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Super Freak

If an order's going in for the original, I would be interested in a SS full zip jersey.

Me too. Add me to the list please. Overweight fred size :D

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Signal_ rabbit

LastGasp wrote: »
    I got enough original ones last time round, but would be interested in a new one for change.
    I'm not sure how "custom" the Carvalho Custom system actually is. The only person who got one last time was Signal_Rabbit who gave me all his measurements which I passed on to Carvalho. When they confirmed the order, his was just listed as XXXXL-, the -(minus) being for shorter than standard. I didn't hear how the fit turned out - Signal_Rabbit, what's the verdict ??
    For regular sizing I'm 5'11", 42" chest, 32" waist, and size Large everything fits fine, including long enough sleeves, which I had been concerned about. Some people were complaining about the sleeves being baggy in the long-sleeve jersey/training jacket, obviously not a problem if you're getting short sleeves.

Thats it pick on the fat guy! No seriously I'm a 48" chest and gave them this measurement. I also gave them the overall length I wanted too as when I ordered one from them before I only gave them my chest size. They obviously pro-rated the size and supplied a jersey that came down to my knees (I'm 6' 1")! so couldn't wear it. The last jersey fits fine. Only problem I have with it is the material seems to snag.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Signal_ rabbit

I'll order another of the old ones too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

... supplied a jersey that came down to my knees (I'm 6' 1")! so couldn't wear it

Yea mine fits nicely but lengthwise its a bit much... I'm 6'3" and its nearly past my ass, ah well the price of euro I guess:o

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭mkdon05

Hungrycol wrote: »
    Unless Cullen Bookkeeping Services want to sponsor the new kit as well?

Anyone on here with their own business that want to sponsor the €295 and have their company name/logo on the jersey albeit discretely.

Think of the old and new kit as home and away gear :cool:

Unfortunately Mortgage and impending baby has tied up all the sponsorship cash this year:D
    The 2 wheels im on now has a lot more power than my lazy ass pedaling:o
    Must try get back out on the rothar though, good weather n' all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭daragh_

Variations as suggested.

A
    B
    C
    D
    E

Other Option - Original Boards Jersey with Orange changed to Pink.
    I don’t have the artwork for this and don’t really want to mess around with what TinyExplosions did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Option B for me. Looks neat.
    For shorts, I'd go for black with the pink/white band on around the bottom of the right side. Stick the logo on the left ass cheek

Again, just my thoughts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

daragh_ wrote: »
    Variations as suggested.
    B or C are my Favourite :) but C in the B version

Great Job daragh btw :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Oooh, orange is nice too.

Looks good with back swoosh but even better without, IMO.

My further suggestions (just putting out there, feel free to ignore):

- Only one boards icon on the back. I love the "in pocket" one, so maybe lose the shoulder blade one.

- I like the idea of having some identification on at least one sleeve for gilet compatibility. But would two more icons be over-iconning the pudding? I think Tom used some outline ones that were fairly subtle. Not sure.

- The "FOUR TEN" on the side panels is surprisingly tasteful, though I still don't particularly relish having to explain it to people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 395 ✭✭Coronal

Very nice. Option B for me as well, I think. Thanks daragh :)

Would integrating the logo on the front and back into the 'o' in boards work? I think I've seen it before. I agree with Lumen on the shoulder logo, also.

Lumen wrote: »
    - The "FOUR TEN"... though I still don't particularly relish having to explain it to people.

I would second that, and indeed all your other points.

The orange one certainly looks nice.

Just to follow up on the shorts...

Plain black, so that we avoid the transparant arse problem.
    Band on right leg
    Logo on ass cheek
    Left leg could have boards.ie written down the side

Like this...

modenabibshort.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭ten speed racer

Variations as suggested.

A
    B
    C
    D
    E

I don’t have the artwork for this and don’t really want to mess around with what TinyExplosions did.

Option B looks good. Good job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

B is good... I'll take the original boards design and add pink instead of Orange later and stick it up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,916 ✭✭✭Russman

I think option B is nicest - simple and clean.

Fair play to you for mocking them up by the way !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

I'd like to get an original too if it goes ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 18 davidoc

Me too: B, or B with the colours from C.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭austinbyrne21

Have to agree with all these points even though it took me about 4 re-reads to understand it but I'd be the same. Both would look better without the "swoosh" on the back.

Also, liking the idea of the band on just one of the legs for what it's worth...

Ps., cracking stuff Daragh, fair play to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭garminguy

so when will these gonna be placed on order?
    summer hopefully

Thanks all. :)

boards.ie added to sleeve here as suggested by Lumen. Gotta go and do some actual work now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

they look amazing daragh, thanks
    Love the boards logo repeated on the shoulder in E, bit more going on than in B

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭Plastik

boards.ie added to sleeve here as suggested by Lumen. Gotta go and do some actual work now!

I would buy one of those in a flash. Not too gone on the rest of them personally.

Just an idea...

If we got white boards icons made up on the black palms of some fairly neutral mitts, we could estabish a "stealth boards victory celebration" which would involve arms aloft with palms facing to the camera.

I believe this would be entirely compliant with CI rules on club gear.

...although sadly not compliant with the rules about taking your hands off the handlebars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Ditto, I like the orange minus the "cake". Might even go with the existing shorts !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I like B too, well done daragh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭alfalad

Think option F is the best alright, and likewise would buy one without doubt.

Great job!

One question on the front what is the jagged line about? Would it be easy to change to a profile of the mountains?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭dave.obrien

I like E, but B is also nice.

I would like one jersey, but I just don't know whether to go old or new...

alfalad wrote: »
    One question on the front what is the jagged line about? Would it be easy to change to a profile of the mountains?

To me it's part chainring teeth and part mountains.

Actual mountains would be politically awkward and stylistically a bit too far towards those tragic people who stick Nordschleife circuit maps on their chavved up Nissans.

That's it exactly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 110 ✭✭CarlosK

Fair play to you Daragh, your workplace must be loving your work output at the moment.... and if they dont appreciate it well there are plenty of people on here who certainly do.

I'm liking options B or E... I'm liking Raam's suggestion for the shorts too.

Its greatly appreciated, I'm sure your head is well melted at this stage with all the requests and thoughts from people... whatever wins out, its bound to be good.

That's it exactly.

Tunney won't wear one unless there are at least 39 spikes, preferably 42.

actually, he probably wouldn't anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Thanks Dara. Like the one with the boards argyle on the sleeve.
    Could we tone the pink down to a muted pink.
    And then get a white and pink version for hot summer weather on the continent (with white and pink shorts).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Very nice daragh_, I like the direction this is going... is there any chance that we could each have a pony made out of chocolate ice-cream? and while you're at it could you make the days a little bit longer and make sure it only rains after dark?

Design by committee is fun :).

I say stop listening! You're the one with the skillz and the software, do what you like, and leave the masses to get on board or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭alfalad

Actual mountains would be politically awkward and stylistically a bit too far towards those tragic people who stick Nordschleife circuit maps on their chavved up Nissans.

Ah ok, was wondering. Good point on the circuit map.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

niceonetom wrote: »
    Design by committee is fun :).

I say stop listening! You're the one with the skillz and the software, do what you like, and leave the masses to get on board or not.

+1 on that... if you try to please everyone, you'll get nowhere... refine your design if you like, then just stick it up and say "this is the jersey, who wants one" -if you get more than 10 people saying yes, job's a good 'un! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭Gunth

I will probably be destroyed here but can someone explain the '410' please? I could guess that I am not the only confused being.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

explained here

Good reason to leave 410 off. I'd rather not have to answer those questions on the road.

Thanks all. Assume it's B or C with minor variations. If it's still in the mix when the Poll closes then I think CramCycle should call it. His Poll and all.

Working on integrating a Chocolate Ice-cream Pony.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭Gunth

abcdggs wrote: »
    explained here

Thanks abcdggs for that.

Might as well throw in another tuppence worth...

I'd prefer if the bands were just flat with no jags, looks neater. From a distance they would be lost anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭austinbyrne21

Raam wrote: »
    Might as well throw in another tuppence worth...

I'd prefer if the bands were just flat with no jags, looks neater. From a distance they would be lost anyway.

+1 on the flat band.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 kemase

Can I add my name for an original, if ordering, and probably a new design (F preferred) too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Thanks all. Assume it's B or C with minor variations. If it's still in the mix when the Poll closes then I think CramCycle should call it. His Poll and all.

Working on integrating a Chocolate Ice-cream Pony.

I'd rather not lick a pony. Now if you could do a chocolate icecream version of Assos girl, then that would be be just fine..

niceonetom wrote: »
    we could each have a pony made out of chocolate ice-cream?
    +1 I'm on board for that one.

• Advertisement

I like the jagged line on the front; in fact I think it is essential to the integrity of the aesthetic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement