Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Poll for Jersey designs 2010

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

cdaly_ wrote: »
    I presume we're talking summer jerseys here? I'll go for a short sleeve original so.

I'd go for F with B as second preference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I'm not trying to compete here, just been having some fun with this - sorry Darragh if I'm plagiarising your design.

attachment.php?attachmentid=110937&stc=1&d=1271344999

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭daragh_

Not at all!. PM me if you want the original files.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Signal_ rabbit

Bluefoam wrote: »
    I'm not trying to compete here, just been having some fun with this - sorry Darragh if I'm plagiarising your design.

This is really nice. I bet it would look really stylish almost Rapha like without the text 'Boards.ie' on the front. Sort of subtle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Nice Blue foam
    How about instead of the Boards image on the sleeve the username and the image/icon in pink in the pocket and removing the halftone on the reverse.
    just suggesting like

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭alfalad

Where do you get the template or how are you creating the jersey?

alfalad wrote: »
    Where do you get the template or how are you creating the jersey?
    Heres on I found on the interweb:
    http://www.velodemer.com/uploads/1/2/5/7/125749/raglan_jersey_ill_or_fh.pdf

I'm using Coreldraw.

Heres on I found on the interweb:
    http://www.velodemer.com/uploads/1/2/5/7/125749/raglan_jersey_ill_or_fh.pdf

I'm using Coreldraw.

Ok so you need some proper graphic design softeware then.

Looks like i won't be able to create one so.

bcmf wrote: »
    How about instead of the Boards image on the sleeve the username and the image/icon in pink in the pocket and removing the halftone on the reverse.
    just suggesting like

I've addressed some of those issues. From experience, I'm 99% sure we wont be able to get individual usernames (due to setup costs). But the back looks much cleaner...

attachment.php?attachmentid=110943&stc=1&d=1271350000

attachment.php?attachmentid=110951&stc=1&d=1271352680

Thats me done till after the weekend. On me hols...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

Bluefoam, white cake or die jersey is AWESOME!!! lots of white, garrish pink, euro compliant. what more could a bunch of freds want???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

I've addressed some of those issues. From experience, I'm 99% sure we wont be able to get individual usernames (due to setup costs). But the back looks much cleaner...

Carvalho do individual names at something like 1.50 a pop, so it's certainly possible -would say it's a fairly standard thing so most places would offer it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭ten speed racer

There is quite a few I'd be happy with, but I think option E from Daragh is my new favorite. But Blueform's last two designs look great as well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

oh black or white !!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

attachment.php?attachmentid=110943&stc=1&d=1271350000
    Think this is my fav so far but will be happy with any.
    Mike

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Sorry for the quiteness, helluva day at work, an update regard manufacturers (I haven't read all the posts updated lists, do that in a few minutes):

Capo: Set up fee of 200euro (split between all people who order), approx. 60 for shorts and 60 for jersey but may go up or down slightly based on set up (hopefully down)

spin11: Free set up (I think, they're not too clear so far but they seem more negotiable as they mention the current economic climate), Jerseys range from 38euro to 44euro depending on zip length, I did not ask about shorts at the time but I'll mention it in the next mail.

Carvalho: Just contacted Nicole there and she'll be back to me soon.

Giordana: same as

At this point I'll definitely call the poll on Monday after work and give the prices for orders ASAP after this.

These are the numbers where people have said they definitely want one to my interpretation, there are a good few where people are vague, so I think its more realistically + 10 to both:

New: 12

Old: 25

I quite like alot of the new designs going up so when I call the poll I'll re post the picture of the one I think is most popular according to the tone of the thread and I'll post a list of everyone who I think wants one. Anyone left off it or who wants to be taken off can decide then.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,657 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

CramCycle wrote: »
    These are the numbers where people have said they definitely want one to my interpretation, there are a good few where people are vague, so I think its more realistically + 10 to both:

107 have voted so far - hopefully the majority will want to order something (and a number, including myself, will order more than one)

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LastGasp

I'm 99% sure we wont be able to get individual usernames (due to setup costs)
    Just for info, I don't know about the others but Carvalho can do Usernames, a good few of us got them last time round. It cost about EUR5.00 extra per item.

Beasty wrote: »
    107 have voted so far - hopefully the majority will want to order something (and a number, including myself, will order more than one)

Thanks Beasty but alot have pointed out they only voted thinking they couldn't have the old one or just because they could.

To be honest I think the final number will be realistically 50+ or so for both but if we could get up to near 107 I think that would be tremendous. I haven't factored in the double ordering though as I'm being as conservative as I think is reasonable.

I'll ask in my next mail (in relation to the previous few posts from Bluefoam and LastGasp) about the possibility of customisations to the manufacturers.

• Advertisement

I won't be near a computer till monday, but if there is any interest in the jerseys I'll work in the usernames.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

a few people did it last time, i believe it only cost marginally more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭spyderski

I'll take 1 Large Jersey for sure if that helps with numbers. Would prefer Giordana, but not overly bothered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Count me in for a jersey and shorts. Like cake or death but all are good. Would like names if poss:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭leftism

Usernames on the jerseys would be fantastic! I'd say most people would be willing to pay 5 euro more for the added detail.

Just a thought, seeing as Darragh's jersey idea looks to be well out in front of the pack, and due to his and BlueFoams fantastic variations on the original "cake or death", would it be worth throwing up a separate poll for options A to F? That way we can have a definite consensus on the final design... I'm sure we'll never get everyone happy but at least we could find a majority decision.

Or we could do a weekly elimination of one jersey ala X-Factor. I'm sure we could rustle up some celebrity judges!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

leftism wrote: »
    Usernames on the jerseys would be fantastic! I'd say most people would be willing to pay 5 euro more for the added detail.

Just a thought, seeing as Darragh's jersey idea looks to be well out in front of the pack, and due to his and BlueFoams fantastic variations on the original "cake or death", would it be worth throwing up a separate poll for options A to F? That way we can have a definite consensus on the final design... I'm sure we'll never get everyone happy but at least we could find a majority decision.

Or we could do a weekly elimination of one jersey ala X-Factor. I'm sure we could rustle up some celebrity judges!
    But which contestant will have lost a loved one, which one will be struggling against social strife...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Bikerbhoy

abcdggs wrote: »
    Bluefoam, white cake or die jersey is AWESOME!!! lots of white, garrish pink, euro compliant. what more could a bunch of freds want???

Dont forget white cycling gear turns to grey very quickly no matter how careful you are with your washing routine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56 ✭✭weaselman

Loving this. Daragh was clear winner until Bluefoam posted...the choices!! I'd like to put my name down for whatever gets voted on top. About time I properly joined the boards cycling possie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

I was after voting early on in this thread for the Cake or death, but since reading and finding out id prefer the old one. But I'll probably eand up taking 1 or 2 of each.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

leftism wrote: »

how much more for the stars under the name as well ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭leftism

Not that i'm a complete narcicist (just half of one ;)), it'd just be an easy way to put faces to names when a whole bunch of us meet at a sportive or race or something...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I'll pay NOT to have my name on mine. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Raam wrote: »
    I'll pay NOT to have my name on mine. ;)

That's very generous of you. €100?

Reckon there would be enough interest in a black and a white one? I think a good few would buy both.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,657 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Reckon there would be enough interest in a black and a white one? I think a good few would buy both.
    I suggest we try and keep it simple - the old one and a new one. It will be stressful enough for anyone involved in sorting it out as it is

• Advertisement

I suggest we try and keep it simple - the old one and a new one. It will be stressful enough for anyone involved in sorting it out as it is

That is true, just a thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭souter

Put me in for a shirt of the winning design. I'd be vain enough to go for a username @ 5e.

I'd have to think of a better username!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

I'd have to think of a better username!
    Can u change your username? I don't want mine on anything.
    Mike

mike12 wrote: »
    Can u change your username? I don't want mine on anything.
    Mike
    You can if you become a subscriber to boards (which means you contribute to it's upkeep) - there's information in the FAQs somewhere

Having your name on the shirt will be an option - you can opt to have nothing if you like

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

there's information in the FAQs somewhere
    Here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

CramCycle wrote: »

I quite like alot of the new designs going up so when I call the poll I'll re post the picture of the one I think is most popular according to the tone of the thread and I'll post a list of everyone who I think wants one. Anyone left off it or who wants to be taken off can decide then.

I'll have one of the new ones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭lyders

I'm in for the new stylee! If it's pink!

Just heard back from Nicole in Carvalho. Numbers are as TinyExplosions said earlier. Approx 30euro for jersey, 1euro for P+P, 5euro for personal names. shorts are approx 40euro for those who are interested.

I have asked about the type of Chamois used as I remember some complaining it wasn't great. It may have changed.

I have also asked that due to the fact that this is repeat business, and with "the current economic climate" that we get a discount or wave the design fee. I explained we are talking to 2/3 other custom clothing people and this would make a huge difference to our members in deciding on you.

I realise this probably won't be worth much but I figure it's worth a try, worse she could say is no.

From approval of the designs it will be 6-7 weeks before they're at the door.

spin11 have said 60 days to the door on deposit paid, I have mailed them about shorts and the possibility of getting the old jersey done there as well.

Giordana have still not replied so i'm unsure whats happening there.

I am also getting some samples from Watts custom from the Garda club who are trying them out. They should be here soon so if anyone in Dublin wants to try them give me a PM, the sizes are

Winter jacket XL
    Jersey s/s XL
    Jersey l/s XL
    Gilet XL
    Winter tights XL
    Leg warmers M
    Arm Warmers L
    Bibshorts Ladies M

Their Jerseys work out about 30euro including set up fees and shipping, so I can't see the harm in trying. I warned them that people on boards can be critical at even minor flaws and they still feel confident. I'll mail them about shorts later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

im in for a jersey and most likely a pair of shorts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Count me in for a short sleeve large original if the originals are being done.

I would get a long sleeve as well if they could do one with skintight sleeves. I hate the puffy sleeves on the old one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭tfrancer

Please put me down for a short sleeve jersey in the winning design; largest size available!

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭keenan110

Count me in for one of the new jerseys too!

Taking over half the votes in terms of Jerseys, the winner (unless something redonculous occurs before noon tomorrow, because I said thats when I'd call it), is Daragh_s' design "Cake or Death".

I'd like to thank/not thank everyone as I have the funniest of feelings that this is going to cause me tremendous headaches in the coming week.

I think a big hand should be given to everyone who put in a design (including TinyExplosions who designed the original)
    - Daragh_
    - Bluefoam
    - niceonetom
    - Caroline_ie
    - Hermy

I realise that there were alot of requests made to minor changes etc. and Daragh_ has been great in fufilling these requests. I realise himself an Bluefoam have similar designs up at the minute so It'll be something in that vein.

Since it seems popular I'll go with what I think the majority is and have no "cake or die" or latin, the 410 thing doesn't seem to bother most of you so unless there are some strong objections I'll leave it in, if there are I'll go for an option without it

I'd like to thank Raam for offering to donate money, very generous, I'll PM you my detailos for that 100euro :D

As for the manufacturers, here is the story so far:

Still no word from Giordana, so unless they get to me in the next few days they're out.

Carvalho, have talked to their rep and their is no problems with the old jersey and I am waiting to hear back about gettting a discount on the new ones but overall the prices will be roughly the same as my last post approx 36 euro including vat. The new ones may or not have a design surcharge which with numbers at the minute stands at about 5euro. hey have samples but a good few have tried them before so I'm not going to get the samples. Shorts are approximately 50euro.

Spin 11 won't charge us design fees if we get the old design off them as well. If we want trial samples they will send them out so shout if you want me to get a sample.
    They have a selection of different chamois you can shoose if you wish:
    -MC-3; and T-Select: Both for men, the t-select being thicker.
    -WMC-3: Specific to ladies.
    -Comfort Gel Pad
    Prices at the minute are: 46euro including tax for a jersey and 58 for shorts

Finally, as I said before Wattcustoms are sending me up samples, they'll be here in Dublin Monday evening, if anyone wants to have a try/feel whatever, I will be free to drop them round anywhere in Dublin on Tuesday evening (I'm busy in work so it'll be my first chance). If no one looks at them though I won't be ordering them, I don't trust my own judgement so I want at least two other opinions. I'll ask the Garda club what they thought when I'm talking to them tomorrow night and maybe post up a few of their opinions (ask who they had last, whats the difference, will you buy from these guys etc..)
    Prices for them are: Jerseys 30euro, just asked about shorts so I'll post as soon as I know.

If people have no complaints with my method for decision on the jerseys/Shorts, It's so close I'm just going to make a judgement call, democracy be damned, unless there is a big uproar about quality.

At the minute the count is 25 for the new (excluding doubles) and 30 for the old (excluding doubles), People are still getting back to me and some want 2/3 so I expect about 50 in total for both at the end.

I will post up the prices (as soon as I hear from everywhere) and the final design before the end of the week (once a final choice on the final touches), and arrange a deposit (most places are looking for 50%). Anyone who has not paid the cost of the jerseys on the day of the order, won't get one, simple as.

Don't pay the money till your sure, because I ain't backtracking on the order once the money is paid in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

We doing this via Paypal or other?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement