Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Poll for Jersey designs 2010

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭ten speed racer

Thanks Cramcycle for all your work.

You can put me down for one of the new ones as well. Preferably with a full length zip. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

In case I'm not on your provisional list already, and whichever way it turns out design-wise, I'll take a new jersey, and bib shorts if they're part of the order.

edit: short sleeve jersey, that is. and full zip would be nice :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Jersey (short sleeve, full zip) and bibs for me too.
    Might go for a gilet too.
    All new design.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

I am sorry for asking, but I am really confused as to what the state of play is. I have been trying to follow this thread, honestly!

A few questions

(1) In a single thread can you show a picture of the contenders in terms of jersey.
    (2) qill it be possible to get a new jersey and an old jersey?

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

ROK ON wrote: »
    I am sorry for asking, but I am really confused as to what the state of play is. I have been trying to follow this thread, honestly!

A few questions

(1) In a single thread can you show a picture of the contenders in terms of jersey.

Thanks.

+1

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

We doing this via Paypal or other?

Paypal or straight into my bank account, I don't mind which. I'll take cash but I'd prefer not too. It's not that I am not trustworthy I just don't want any confusion and its better for whoever pays to be able to prove they have. When the lists are sorted I'll put up a Q&A for people to PM me (do not do this yet), sizes, jersey type, shorts etc. and then I'll set a deadline and anyone who hasn't paid by then doesn't get one.

Have shorts been designed before I start offering them? there was talk in some earlier posts but I can't remember anyone offering a design or can someone correct me?

ROK ON wrote: »

A few questions

Thanks.

(1) If you mean the originals they are all on the first page.

If you mean daragh_ options they are at post #112 with the (possible final one at http://www.daraghotoole.com/boards/Boards_6.jpg). I too am getting lost as I have work and stuff and then people post a million things and then my over sized head starts to ache. The other possible one was an alternative done by bluefoam at #160. I think the only variation to either is to have boards.ie logo in it's proper font, but I'll have to re read. When I re read it in a proper state of mind I'll post up the final decision.

(2) Of course, the more the merrier

@Cramcycle.

Thanks.
    I like that one by Daraghotoole. You can take it that I would order one of those and one of the original boards kit.
    Thanks for the effort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

CramCycle wrote: »
    If you mean daragh_ options they are at post #112 with the (possible final one at http://www.daraghotoole.com/boards/Boards_6.jpg).
    I will take a jersey of those (in medium) thanks! Very good work Daragh.

@CramCycle- PayPal have fees while bank transfers don't- worth bearing in mind. Previous orders have done a % surcharge for PayPal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

i'll take a small - thanks :) looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭austinbyrne21

Count me in for either a S or M, depending on sizing. More than likely old and new as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 395 ✭✭Coronal

I'll go with a small kit (short-sleeve full-zip jersey) Thanks CramCycle! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭ajk24

i'll take the new jersey - large - and probably a set of bibs if the quality is good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

You can put me down for a jersey and bibs of the NEW DESIGN, and a cap if they're available.

Anyone else fancy a boards cycling cap? Most suppliers would need a few orders to justify making 'em. Carvalho do 'em, but they're rubbish. The capo ones look good though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

blorg wrote: »
    @CramCycle- PayPal have fees while bank transfers don't- worth bearing in mind. Previous orders have done a % surcharge for PayPal.

IIRC its 2.5% + 35/50c.

Also, if you want to receive more that 7(TBC) payments within 12 months you need to switch account type.

Paypal or straight into my bank account, I don't mind which. I'll take cash but I'd prefer not too. It's not that I am not trustworthy I just don't want any confusion and its better for whoever pays to be able to prove they have. When the lists are sorted I'll put up a Q&A for people to PM me (do not do this yet), sizes, jersey type, shorts etc. and then I'll set a deadline and anyone who hasn't paid by then doesn't get one.

I dont mind paying the PP fee, wire transfers are too much hassle for a few cents.

Also, just like to say Kudos to you for your time and effort:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

niceonetom wrote: »
    You can put me down for a jersey and bibs, and a cap if they're available.

Anyone else fancy a boards cycling cap? Most suppliers would need a few orders to justify making 'em. Carvalho do 'em, but they're rubbish. The capo ones look good though...

I'll go for a cap too. What we need is a spreadsheet for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

You can definitely stick me down for an original design, SS/ full zip/ size large.

I'd need to wait and see which new design wins before I'd commit to one.
    I'm torn between Daragh's option B and bluefoam's on #160. I understand neither may win so I'll hang tight till the votes are counted.

@niceonetom I'd go for a cap as long as the manufacturer isn't Carvalho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

registering provisional interest in a new jersey, depending on the colour/design that wins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭ten speed racer

Raam wrote: »

+1 on both the cap and need for a spreadsheet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

I thought that when you clicked the 'Gift' Box in Paypal there was no percentage/charge added.

Can someone post a pic of the NEW jersey design Just for clarification and +1 for the spreadsheet

• Advertisement

blorg wrote: »

I'll PM my bank a/c to anyone who wants to call into their local branch, there is no fee that way and you can write whatever you want as a message (also if you have online banking transferring is free as well, well it is with my bank anyway).
    ajk24 wrote: »
    and probably a set of bibs if the quality is good.

I'm still unsure if their is a set of Bibs as no ones posted one, there was a few good suggestions but unless I get a design theres nothing I can do. I draw like a new born baby, but if I get a chance and no one else has done it, I'll mock up a pair on Tuesday evening on MS paint.
    niceonetom wrote: »
    You can put me down for a jersey and bibs of the NEW DESIGN, and a cap if they're available.

Em, TBH, I'm saying nothing, when I send out the Q&A, I'll include it and if a design is thrown up and enough go for it, then I'll order it.
    Raam wrote: »

I'll make the Q&A into a spreadsheet as it will make it easier for me to collate the results, anyone without excel can get OpenOffice for free online. I'll try and include everything I can on it and get it mailed round mid week or so. If people wouldn't mind stop posting sizes and stuff in their posts as it depends on what manufacturer we get etc., so I'm not taking that stuff down. When I send round the spreadsheet I'll include space for sizes.

bcmf wrote: »
    I thought that when you clicked the 'Gift' Box in Paypal there was no percentage/charge added.

Can someone post a pic of the NEW jersey design Just for clarification and +1 for the spreadsheet

http://www.daraghotoole.com/boards/Boards_6.jpg this one with the boards.ie as is or in the style of the logo. If names are being printed, I'll have to ask the manufacturer if it will go on the blank sleeve or like an insignia or on the chest like a medal. I'll add that into the spreadsheet as an option.

If I have any mistakes or missed anything, post away, I have to get back to work.

+1 on cap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Right I don't want to have to go reading through this entire thread all over again so can someone sum it up for me?

Have we decided if we are putting an order in?

Which one are we going for?

What details does whoever need for the purchase order?

Finally, cost?

iregk wrote: »
    Right I don't want to have to go reading through this entire thread all over again so can someone sum it up for me?

Finally, cost?

1. post #222
    2. yes
    3. End of post #222
    4. Details posted over the week, spreadsheet will be sent out, as described in #222
    5. unknown at this point but approx 30-60 euro depending on manufacturer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

Finally, cost?
    CramCycle's been doing a huge amount of work on this, so it shouldn't be too much for you to go back to page 14 (previous page to this) and look at his state of the nation post.
    Edit - 2 pages back now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Roughly what is the fit like on them. Depending on manufacturer I can be a small or medium.

Stokolan wrote: »
    Roughly what is the fit like on them. Depending on manufacturer I can be a small or medium.

When we get the manufacturer decided I'll put up a link to their sizing site and include space in the spreadsheet for details. All going to plan that will be this week sometime, depends on what the manufacturers get back to me with anyone with personal experience with fits from the front runners, I'd greatly appreciate any input. At the minute it's between spin11, carvalho and possibly wattscustoms if people like what I get in the test samples tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 davidoc

I'll go in for a new jersey in Small (< 38" chest).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭daragh_

Do you want me to do a full set of designs for shorts, LS and SS jerseys and Caps etc? If so then I'll be better waiting until the manufacturer is chosen so I can get proper templates to work to.

Fair play CramCycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭garminguy

put me down for a medium jersey, half zip, medium shorts, gloves and socks if available for the new design

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Cost unknown at this point but approx 30-60 euro depending on manufacturer

You're not going to know the final cost to you until you've paid and it shows up on your CC or paypal. There's frequently a shortfall in these things.

I suggest you add something like 5% to the expected cost to catch such shortfall and, if you end up with a surplus, that'll help cover the cost of your kit...

daragh_ wrote: »
    Do you want me to do a full set of designs for shorts, LS and SS jerseys and Caps etc? If so then I'll be better waiting until the manufacturer is chosen so I can get proper templates to work to.

Its your call, I was hoping someone would help take the load of your back but if you feel up to it, I think everyone would be extremely satisfied. Helluva job so far.

As soon as I have the details on the manufacturer I'll get them to you ASAP.

cdaly_ wrote: »
    You're not going to know the final cost to you until you've paid and it shows up on your CC or paypal. There's frequently a shortfall in these things.

I suggest you add something like 5% to the expected cost to catch such shortfall and, if you end up with a surplus, that'll help cover the cost of your kit...

Fair point but I'm not going to overcharge, as tempting as it is. I'll round it up to the nearest euro and give a deadline. Anyone who doesn't pay, doesn't get one, simple as, if I fall a bit short, it'll teach me never to volunteer ever again and if I come out a little richer, it'll go to charity or I'll give it back to people depending on how big an amount it is.

NB CramCycle is a registered charity #22********. Please donate generously and always ask associates for proof of identity :eek:

Its your call, I was hoping someone would help take the load of your back but if you feel up to it, I think everyone would be extremely satisfied. Helluva job so far.

As soon as I have the details on the manufacturer I'll get them to you ASAP.

No bother. I'll take my karmic reward in lifts up hills :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

cdaly_ wrote: »

I agree with cdaly on this. I cant see it being too much of an issue if a small % is added on. Its not going to add much to the price and if you have anything left over money wise and everyone is sorted you can always donate it to the boards charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭k_d

depending on design im also interested in kit.

Looking forward to seeing the end result..

karl

the pressure is on now daragh. the jersey rocks so the shorts have to keep the deisgn flow going. was it a one hit wonder or can he do it again :)

1. post #222
    2. yes
    3. End of post #222
    4. Details posted over the week, spreadsheet will be sent out, as described in #222
    5. unknown at this point but approx 30-60 euro depending on manufacturer

Cheers for the summary Cram. I know it was lazy of me but I feel safer now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

the pressure is on now daragh. the jersey rocks so the shorts have to keep the deisgn flow going. was it a one hit wonder or can he do it again :)
    Gotta say i love raam's idea for shorts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 395 ✭✭Coronal

abcdggs wrote: »

+1

abcdggs wrote: »

Ditto - will try and live up to expectations :eek:

How about something along this line :)

!Bq74jEwBWk~$(KGrHqMH-CEEunSbq1q)BL)hsbR4sw~~_12.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I do not like that wall. At all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Thanks for all the hard work. At the risk of appearing cheeky, any chance we could get them before Wicklow 200?:D

Happy to do Pay Pal or whatever is most convenient.

Need something that makes me look medium and distracts from red face on the hills.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,657 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

At the risk of appearing cheeky, any chance we could get them before Wicklow 200?:D
    No:D

With designs to finalise, probably getting on for 100 orders to sort through, payments to process (all this is currently all down to a couple of volunteers), delivery from some far-off land, Eyjafjallajoekull continuing to spew out volcanic ash, etc. not a cat in hell's chance:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭scheister

i'll go for one of each SS half zip prob get shorts as well depends on final design.

So some good news.

I received the samples from Watt Customs from Pierse st. garda st. this evening. Their is a funny but humiliating story as to how this occured but basically, under no circumstances lie to a Detective Inspector. Full details will be given if I can find a way not too sound, well, not tremendously stupid.

I have one volunteer for testing tomorrow, anyone else just PM me before 6pm.

Carvalho have got back to me and agreed with me about waving the design fee, this recession has the odd happy story.

There were complaints about their chamois before so they sent me a link for their new chamois as I mentioned the problems before, enjoy the read:

http://www.carvalhocustom.com/our-cycling-chamois/

No one has said much about spin11, anyone want to make a comment on quality etc. or if they want to get samples.???

With all this info to hand I will decide the supplier Wednesday morn and send round the spreadsheet that day. I'll post the list at the same time, so people can just see. I'll post up the rules for this as well. Got a lot of great advice from TinyExplosions, so I'll be following close to his rules for ordering. I'll put up prices in the spreadsheet at the same time. Your order will be confirmed when the money gets into my bank a/c or into paypal (I'll take cash but would prefer not too). If you change your mind, don't pay the money, simple as. I'll post the deadline for payment as well on wed.

Hope this suits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

thanks again cramcycle, if you need a hand with anything i would be more than happy to help out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 110 ✭✭CarlosK

Sweet Lord..... has Van Halen taken up cycling now?

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭ajk24

There were complaints about their chamois before so they sent me a link for their new chamois as I mentioned the problems before, enjoy the read:

http://www.carvalhocustom.com/our-cycling-chamois/

we have that chamois on our (tri) club bibs and it is pretty good. they would be my preferred pair for long spin ahead of any nalini, santini, dhbs etc. that I have.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement