Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Poll for Jersey designs 2010

123457»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

keenan110 wrote: »
    Sorry for the stupid question but where exactly do we leave these details?

Thanks again for all the work!:)

On the spreadsheet and then when you pay into a bank account it gives you space to right a personal (short) message that will appear in my statement, saves alot of hassle. I am presuming that Paypal offers a similar service. I could be wrong, I don't use it often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

An xls and .doc file ! What sort of scientist are you eh !? Shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

CramCycle wrote: »
    On the spreadsheet and then when you pay into a bank account it gives you space to right a personal (short) message that will appear in my statement, saves alot of hassle. I am presuming that Paypal offers a similar service. I could be wrong, I don't use it often.

There is:)

Gavin wrote: »
    An xls and .doc file ! What sort of scientist are you eh !? Shocking.

I was going to use either matlab or Graphpad and see could I get some pretty graphs and some nice statistical data for future generations to improve on the method. I can transfer my data from excel over to either anyway. Once I get the abstract done I'll send you a draft for peer review.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I don't know why it's getting Chaotic. I said to PM your email to me and I will send you the spreadsheet (includes sizing, prices, payment details etc.). There is no need to post anything about ordering up. I will post a link for a google docs spread sheet over the weekend so people get an idea of numbers but there is no need to add anything about orders on to the thread.

I meant have a thread that says Boards Jersey Orders Info. This one is about the designs. I sent you a PM already, I just stupidly forgot my email address.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

9: No tri gear. Lumen said NO, and I have to obey. I personally have nothing against triathletes but this is for cycling gear (I know alot of people do). Also there is a minimum order of ten on those things.

Hope this works

Can I land a cluster storm of sh1te here. Would the A/R/T lads be interested in getting in on this for their club*.

Not that I'm looking to land extra work on you CramCycle!

*they have a genuine, fully affiliated club over there, which I'm a little envious of tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

uberwolf wrote: »
    Can I land a cluster storm of sh1te here. Would the A/R/T lads be interested in getting in on this for their club*.

Not that I'm looking to land extra work on you CramCycle!

*they have a genuine, fully affiliated club over there, which I'm a little envious of tbh.

They should design their own kit then IMO -it's nothing to do with elitism, but we sort these ones out for ourselves, who aren't a club, but just people with a common interest in cycling. Also, I don't know how it would work for a proper club, as there's limits on sponsors on kit and stuff, and it could open a whole new world of pain for them...

They should design their own kit then IMO -it's nothing to do with elitism, but we sort these ones out for ourselves, who aren't a club, but just people with a common interest in cycling. Also, I don't know how it would work for a proper club, as there's limits on sponsors on kit and stuff, and it could open a whole new world of pain for them...

I agree, get them to talk about it enough until one of the really stupid/new ones organises it and takes all the credit from the people who are actually talented and designed it :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 110 ✭✭CarlosK

Fair play to you Cramcycle and Daragh_ .... I bet you're delighted now that you took this upon yourselves. We certainly are anyway.

Excellent work and thanks for organising it all and for the hours of work you've put in. The only killer is having to wait about 7 weeks for the goods. But good things come to those who wait, lets hope we still have the fine weather by then so we can all get out and show off the new gear.

you've exposed me. I'd been intending a few duathlons this year...

but your point: 'club' gear is valid in that context

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭scottreynolds

When I organised the order (oh the pain) i just got people to PM there there orders and kept a spreadsheet locally. I then updated the whats ordered list. Sizing is pretty off sometimes so I got Carvalho to send me a bunch of samples across which people could try on.

Allow about a month to get all the orders and another month to organise payment. When people don't pay it can push the prices up. e.g. A gilet may be 20 euros if you order 5 or more but when you get 4 there's a 25%-50% premium so people have to cough up more money which sucks.

Custom sizing is also a good thing from Carvalho.... they will make any gear specifically to the specified sizes so its works for non standard shaped people.

Also, start a thread called "Boards Gear Order - Order by May 15th" or something like that.

Have fun..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭scottreynolds

Rules and explanations:

1: There are 2 prices for each item as I have been told that Pay Pal charge a commission. The first price in the spread sheet is the Bank transfer one and the second is the PayPal price (approximately 2 euro per item). If Paypal don't charge a commission then we can use the bank price.

If people use a credit card its more expensive PayPal wise.... and you should also collect up front €1/€2 per item for shipping. I know some people will collect but no one really mind sharing in the postage cost.... if they do tell them its for you to meet them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

you've exposed me. I'd been intending a few duathlons this year...

but your point: 'club' gear is valid in that context

I think Boards AC already have there own kit alright... a singlet anyway.

When I organised the order (oh the pain) i just got people to PM there there orders and kept a spreadsheet locally.
    Thats what we're doing
    I then updated the whats ordered list. Sizing is pretty off sometimes so I got Carvalho to send me a bunch of samples across which people could try on.

Alot of people already have tried Carvalho so I was asking them to post (many have). If anyone wants, Carvalho do samples but you have to put down a deposit which I can't until payday, but if a group of people want it I can help arrange it or you can get it straight from their website. I can't find the mail for it, but its there somewhere, I can't guarantee it will be out before the order either which is another reason I don't want to put my neck out for this, I'm taking a risk as well.
    Allow about a month to get all the orders and another month to organise payment. When people don't pay it can push the prices up. e.g. A gilet may be 20 euros if you order 5 or more but when you get 4 there's a 25%-50% premium so people have to cough up more money which sucks.

I posted all the info not too far back about this in response to the tri-people asking about suits. 50% under 5, 25% for 5-9. There will be a google Doc put up over the weekend to show numbers in case anyone is worried but any changes to prices will be given notification straight away but I am not expecting it
    Custom sizing is also a good thing from Carvalho.... they will make any gear specifically to the specified sizes so its works for non standard shaped people.

Mentioned in the note section of the e-mail going round.
    Also, start a thread called "Boards Gear Order - Order by May 15th" or something like that.

Have fun..........

A new thread will be started after the final gear designs are posted (in the next day or so) because people can't read, I realise the thread is getting messy but I have put up the basic rules several times now. If you don't know them PM me, I can't see the need to clog up the thread
    If people use a credit card its more expensive PayPal wise.... and you should also collect up front €1/€2 per item for shipping. I know some people will collect but no one really mind sharing in the postage cost.... if they do tell them its for you to meet them.

Everyone who mails back the order will get an e-mail confirming price and costs, until you pay, you are free to drop it. Hence why I have 2 prices in the e-mail. first one is for bank payments and 2nd is for paypal. Wait a minute, you were just repeating what I said? wait a second minute, you knew there was a rules post?!?

This going to sound bitter but I will reply to any PM sent in case I am not entirely clear with any of the messages, I understand my system is along way from perfect and there are spots where anyone could get muddled. I apologise, I'm just using the way that works best for me.

But the next person to post something that they already know the answer to or know where it's already been posted will feel my wrath to ignore you,
    It's about all i'm allowed do really in case anyone thinks it's a bit weak

If you can't find the rules post or are unsure, again, PM me and I will just forward it onto you.

NB Also I for got the Gilet in the original e-mail, I will include it in all future ones but if any of the people who have the spreadsheet already want one just mention it in the notes section.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Anybody getting a jacket?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

mloc123 wrote: »
    Anybody getting a jacket?

No but if folks wanted a gilet then I would like one also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

ROK ON wrote: »

I'm down for a gilet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

+1 on that -a gilet would be most useful

Raam wrote: »
    I'm down for a gilet.

Didn't see an option on the spreadsheet.
    How do we go about this?
    How many do we need b4 price becomes Raphaesque.

Didn't see an option on the spreadsheet.
    How do we go about this?
    How many do we need b4 price becomes Raphaesque.

Cram Cycle has explained this in one of his earlier posts today/yesterday.

• Advertisement

Raam wrote: »
    Cram Cycle has explained this in one of his earlier posts today/yesterday.

There have only been about a million posts. You've read it, I haven't. Be a helpful chap and please explain. Thanking you in advance.

There have only been about a million posts. You've read it, I haven't. Be a helpful chap and please explain. Thanking you in advance.

Dude, it's about 5 posts back, ok 8
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=65525231&postcount=315

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

NB Also I for got the Gilet in the original e-mail, I will include it in all future ones but if any of the people who have the spreadsheet already want one just mention it in the notes section.

Those of you who have the spreadsheet already will have noticed that there are two options for shorts. Here is the deal (quoted from e-mail):
    We use the medium weight bib shorts when we have printing on the interior panels of the shorts as opposed to only on the panel that runs down the side of legs and over the backside. The lightweight lycra cannot be printed on so has to be dyed one colour. The medium weight gives a firmer fit which some people prefer, but generally most clients go for the lightweight for the greater comfort and particularly as it is more forgiving to fit a broader range of body shapes.

Measuring the torso length from the bottom of the collar to the hem at the bottom of the jersey size large jersey gives a 61cm, then add 4cm length for each size up or down, so an XL is 65cm and XXL 69cm. The best advise is that if someone is an XL chest but less than 6’1 then they should go for an 11- (minus) and if they are an XXL chest and less than 6’3 they should go for a size XXL- or XXL--.

hope this explains it, I presume where she wrote 11- she meant to write XL-

Basically if the printing touches the inside panels everyone gets Medium, if it doesn't you get whatever you picked.

I'll add this into future e-mails as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

......as it is more forgiving to fit a broader range of body shapes.

....a diplomatically put way of saying it'll fit fat basterds!

@Cramcycle. On the jersey sizing. That is what I am worried about. In the last order I choose a size 11 on the basis that it fit my chest but I am small in height.
    The jersey came down to my thighs.

I really need some clarification on what the size will be. If not then I would have to pull my order. Two birds jerseys order in past and despite following sizing both were like dresses. Naturally I am not that keen for this to reoccur.

So. If someone needs a jersey for 42" chest but is say 5'8", then what jersey size should be chosen.
    Thanks.

@Cramcycle. On the jersey sizing. That is what I am worried about. In the last order I choose a size 11 on the basis that it fit my chest but I am small in height.
    The jersey came down to my thighs.

I really need some clarification on what the size will be. If not then I would have to pull my order. Two birds jerseys order in past and despite following sizing both were like dresses. Naturally I am not that keen for this to reoccur.

So. If someone needs a jersey for 42" chest but is say 5'8", then what jersey size should be chosen.
    Thanks.

42inch chest is an XL jersey, to get the correct length I would presume you need to shorten it by about 6cm. To be honest you'll have to measure yourself as per post 325 to be sure. But if you mail me your collar to hem line distance I will ask her specifically as her mail suits most but not everyone.

That said I will post her reply but no worries, if you don't feel comfortable or don't want to take the risk, that's fine. Just don't pay as I won't be hunting anyone down after the deadline.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. Will measure and email you. Tks.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭austinbyrne21

So, just to make sure I read that woman's email right on post # 325...

Let's say I measure my chest and it's 36" (not sure about the imperial system but think that's the symbol for inches, if not it should be, and not feet). The Carvalho link that CramCycle posted on page 19 tells me that that'd be a Small. So far, that's coolio.

Do I then measure, we'll say, a Specialized jersey I have at home from it's collar to hem? According to the # 325 post that should come in at 53cm (Large is 61cm, so 4cm off that for a Medium and 4cm off that for a Small). Is this correct? Has anyone read through this post to this point? If so, thanks!

Just wanna be sure. Don't want to get my jersey, throw it on and for it to look tattooed onto my body!;)

• Advertisement

Let's say I measure my chest and it's 36" (not sure about the imperial system but think that's the symbol for inches, if not it should be, and not feet). The Carvalho link that CramCycle posted on page 19 tells me that that'd be a Small. So far, that's coolio.

Do I then measure, we'll say, a Specialized jersey I have at home from it's collar to hem? According to the # 325 post that should come in at 53cm (Large is 61cm, so 4cm off that for a Medium and 4cm off that for a Small). Is this correct? Has anyone read through this post to this point? If so, thanks!

Just wanna be sure. Don't want to get my jersey, throw it on and for it to look tattooed onto my body!;)

You are correct about the inches, feet is '

I'm certain thats what she means, i'm sending her an e-mail this evening or in the morning as a few people have little niggles. I'm not sure about the specialized brand but her e-mail seems to state that if it's a small jersey its 53cm hem to collar and 91cm round your chest. If you want it longer or shorter my interpretation would be a "+" sign after the size for a longer, by 4cm, jersey and a"-" sign for shorter by 4cm and multiples thereafter.

Hey everyone,

I think the rules etc. have gotten around pretty well by now.

Any issues that aren't clear, please PM me.

daragh_ has finalised the designs and is posting them on a new thread for discussion entitled:

Boards Kit Designs 2010

at

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055891434

Enjoy

I have asked the Mods to lock the thread as I think there is enough said on the subject here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

C Would the A/R/T lads be interested in getting in on this for their club*.

Probably too much material in ours, are they not the lads that wear the bikinis? :pac:

closed for new thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement