Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Tardis (warning: pointless poll)

• 13-04-2010 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭

So is this new Tardis interior the best yet? Struggling to find many pictures so please post 'em here if you have them!

TARDIS+interior+Doctor+11.jpg

EDIT: Oh and yes I realise this is entirely pointless and yet I don't care!

Which is the "nicest" interior 19 votes

Matt Smith Tardis interior
    0% 0 votes
    David Tennant Tardis interior
    68% 13 votes
    Other Doctor Tardis interior (please specify and give pics!)
    31% 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Apart from a few extra widgets and doodads, I thought it was the same as before. it's hardly a ground-up redesign, is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭nucking futs

I'm not quite sold on the new Tardis yet, Yes it looks cool, but it seems there's almost too much in it to enjoy it.

Having said that, the Ecclestone/Tennant Tardis rarely gave mention to there being other rooms besides the console room, I think the only times any other rooms were mentioned or seen were in the first Christmas special and they were mentiones in Ecclestone's third episode.

And I'm not well up enough on the Classic Who series to judge them, so at the moment I guess by default it's the CE/DT version for me

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭nucking futs

2 Espressi wrote: »
    Apart from a few extra widgets and doodads, I thought it was the same as before. it's hardly a ground-up redesign, is it?
    Actually it is, it's very different to the previous version

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭iUseVi

2 Espressi wrote: »

Well that's what I thought, but apparently they spent quite a lot of money on it. Can't find the article I saw about how much they spent but they seem to have at least tried hard: link

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Lads it's completely different it's just the colour is the same (the console is on a raised dias, there's no coral effect, it's a bit more steam punk- glass and plasticy in it's place).

That said, if it was me, I would have lit it completely differently to get accross it's different.

I sooo wanted a white control room!

• Advertisement

Lads it's completely different it's just the colour is the same (the console is on a raised dias, there's no coral effect, it's a bit more steam punk- glass and plasticy in it's place).

That said, if it was me, I would have lit it completely differently to get accross it's different.

I do like the steam-punkiness but I find the new ones very busy and cluttered if you know what I mean. The old white ones were more minimalistic, in a good way I think:

tardis7.jpg

iUseVi wrote: »
    I do like the steam-punkiness but I find the new ones very busy and cluttered if you know what I mean. The old white ones were more minimalistic, in a good way I think:

tardis7.jpg

I'm not going to argue, I wanted a white control room :)

I'm not going to argue, I wanted a white control room :)

As you command, Doctor. :P

As you command, Doctor. :P

That's more like it.

*Keeps an eye out for the Master*

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

And lots of roundels. Roundels everywhere!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

That's more like it.

*Keeps an eye out for the Master*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

I always liked 8th's (or at least the design specs.... it was the clock and the plants:o)

6a0111688f8667970c0120a4f92607970b-800wi

I notice that the centre core tube bit (forget proper word!) has gotten larger and more elaborate as the series progresses.

I have to say the good thing about the news ones is that they do lend themselves to a good bit of percussive maintenance.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Jessibelle wrote: »
    I always liked 8th's (or at least the design specs.... it was the clock and the plants:o)

6a0111688f8667970c0120a4f92607970b-800wi
    Yes that was a nice design, though it went a bit bananas with the candles & interior "gothic cathedral" look

The Master wrote: »

You could be so beautiful...

ot: The bit in the middle is called the time rotor. Not sure what the bit around the tome rotor is called.

EDIT: Unless you meant the whole middle bit, that's the console.

ot: The bit in the middle is called the time rotor. Not sure what the bit around the tome rotor is called.

EDIT: Unless you meant the whole middle bit, that's the console.

Time rotor, ah thanks. That must be where the "wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey... stuff" happens. :D

Time rotor, ah thanks. That must be where the "wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey... stuff" happens. :D

Indeed, that's the bit that both wibbles and apparently makes the VWORP sound!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I like the overall look of the new one. I'm not taken with the console bits though. the old typewriter etc. I would have gone more steampunk and more precise, less pumping bits and all that.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Advertisement