Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lupus Nephritis / TTP

Options
  • 13-04-2010 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I have suffered form this condition since Feb 08.

I was diagnosed with Lupus early 08 and Suffered an attack alled TTP that year - Thrommbotic Thrombocytepenic Purpura. In Nove 08 I was re admitted to hospital suffering sever lupus nephritis. After a very long stay in Tallaght Hosiptal , including a stint in ICU , IV chemo and Dialysis I was finally let out in 2009 and have been on the long road to recovery ever since. Lupus effects mainly women , lupus nephritis about 30-40 % of lupus sufferers. Howver TTP as a side effect of lupus and in Ireland it is extrmeley rare. One case per year.

I would love to hear from fellow patients of any of the above. Or indeed friends or family of those who have it. Or actually anyone who knows or wnats to talk about this condition. I feel very alone with this and sometimes it feels as if no family or friends really understands what its like to be me :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

moved from tLL :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

Hey op,I don't know if you post anymore but I just seen this thread.
    My mum has lupus aswell,has had it for over 20 years and suffers with it every day.

If you see this I can get her to register and have a chat!

Advertisement