Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STIGMATA WHAT THE F**K

• 13-04-2010 4:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭

MOD EDIT
    The below is a word of mouth rumour, incredibly unlikely to be based on any kind of facts, and this sort of thing is why we have rules about posting non-firsthand stories.

Lads?!?!

My little sister just asked me where Im gettin my tattoo done next week, when I said Stigmata, she said "they're gettin shutdown for using car paint in tattoos," aparently "everyone," is talkin about it, and she even knows a girl whos tattoo is only a few months old and basically all the ink has fallen out.

Is there even an ounce of truth in this?! :( Im headin into Swords tomorrow to find out and if yes, Im gettin my €50 deposit back :(

Any info? at all?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

sorry, double post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

firstly, that is pure ridiculous. what possible motive would they have to do such a thing? secondly ink falls out of healing tattoos all the time- I.ve lost ink out of every tattoo i have ever recieved, it doesnt follow that all those artists were using car paint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

I know ink falls out and how retarded this sounds, but she was adament 'everyone' know what goes on in stigmata, I just need a bit of reassurance, so if anyone knows anyone close to the shop or has any info please share it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 57 ✭✭deadramones

1) Who's "everyone" that knows about this?
    2) Car paint is more expensive then tattoo ink and would cause more problems then simply falling out so I can't see what they'd have to gain from this.
    3) You've just trashed a shops reputation on a public forum especially considering the loss they've recently suffered this is reprehensible.

Iv done nothing wrong, I heard a rumour and was looking for information with which to COUNTER the bullshít thats being thrown at me, dont make me sound like the bad guy here. And I dont know who 'everyone' is, because whenever my sisters logic is scrutinised, she gets pissy and refuses to talk sense. Shes fúcked off now and wont answer me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

FFS, I saw the thread title and thought some pierced fecker HAD stigmata.

I had Joe Coleman on the line and all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I'm on a sexist kick just for jollies so let me add some humour to this, I hope yer sisters fcuked off to the kitchen to make ya a sammich and stops spreading silly rumours without fact.

:pac:

Im gonna try get a hold of her friend that told her this, tonight, to see where she heard it from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 dysfunktional

this is the biggest load of crap iv ever heard, and did your sister tell you they put heroine in the "car ink" so everyone gets hooked and comes back!! and thats its actually a very shrewd marketing tactic on there part!!!! and anything your sister says that starts a conversation with ""my friend Jacintha said........." try not take it to seriously! so as a great man above me said, tell her to get back in the kitchen and make a sandwich.... someone should lock this thread its bring down the name of someones business

Threads still gonna be here to be read, if the mods feel as strongly about it as you do, then I wouldnt have a problem with it being deleted.

• Advertisement

someone should lock this thread its bring down the name of someones business

have you reported the post then?

mods can't be everywhere all the time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Ah we can though. Got no reported posts.

However I am going to lock this, only because it's an unfounded rumour. Anything I've seen or heard about stigmata has always been very positive.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

I know Will has locked this thread but I had to respond as someone who 1. Works in the motor industry and 2. Who has taken courses in dealing with car paints.

Firstly it would actually be impossible to use car paint as tattoo ink.That stuff starts to harden like enamel as soon as the air hits it.I doubt you`d even be able to put the stuff into the ink caps without it starting to harden.

Secondly this "myth" about car paint has been going around long enough but it stems from the fact that some of the "pigments" used in tattoo ink were the same pigments used in tattoo ink.But some of those pigments are natural and some are synthetic and its a way that people used to scare monger the tattoo industry.

Thirdly--This thread could ruin someones entire reputation and it even states in the rules that third hand info regarding studios is not allowed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement