Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Samaritan in UCD

Options
  • 13-04-2010 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

I lost my Garda age card in the library last week and chanced asking the lost and found desk was there any sign of it, and to my delight, someone had handed it in. There was no name given, so if you're out there I'd just like to say thanks very much, I really appreciate it and it's good to know that there are still a few decent spuds in UCD. Thanks again;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Gingy wrote: »
    I lost my Garda age card in the library last week and chanced asking the lost and found desk was there any sign of it, and to my delight, someone had handed it in. There was no name given, so if you're out there I'd just like to say thanks very much, I really appreciate it and it's good to know that there are still a few decent spuds in UCD. Thanks again;)

Expect one of these emails...;)
    Central Bank of Nigeria
    Lagos, Nigeria
    01-658-21-2658

TO: CEO
    Everytown, USA

Dear Sir:

I have been requested by the Nigerian National Petroleum Company to contact you for assistance in resolving a matter. The Nigerian National Petroleum Company has recently concluded a large number of contracts for oil exploration in the sub-Sahara region. The contracts have immediately produced moneys equaling US$40,000,000. The Nigerian National Petroleum Company is desirous of oil exploration in other parts of the world, however, because of certain regulations of the Nigerian Government, it is unable to move these funds to another region.

You assistance is requested as a non-Nigerian citizen to assist the Nigerian National Petroleum Company, and also the Central Bank of Nigeria, in moving these funds out of Nigeria. If the funds can be transferred to your name, in your United States account, then you can forward the funds as directed by the Nigerian National Petroleum Company. In exchange for your accommodating services, the Nigerian National Petroleum Company would agree to allow you to retain 10%, or US$4 million of this amount.

However, to be a legitimate transferee of these moneys according to Nigerian law, you must presently be a depositor of at least US$100,000 in a Nigerian bank which is regulated by the Central Bank of Nigeria.

If it will be possible for you to assist us, we would be most grateful. We suggest that you meet with us in person in Lagos, and that during your visit I introduce you to the representatives of the Nigerian National Petroleum Company, as well as with certain officials of the Central Bank of Nigeria.

Please call me at your earliest convenience at 18-467-4975. Time is of the essence in this matter; very quickly the Nigerian Government will realize that the Central Bank is maintaining this amount on deposit, and attempt to levy certain depository taxes on it.

Yours truly,

Prince Alyusi Islassis

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gingy

Ha Ha, yup look forward to getting that alright.

Whoosh, gone right over my head!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭chave

Gingy wrote: »

not really worthy of a thread. if it was an iphone or laptop or something yeah.
    But an irrelevant age card!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gingy

chave wrote: »

Really sorry if I've inconvenienced you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Crystler

chave wrote: »

In my opinion it's not really 'irrelevant' the OP clearly states that they appreciate the act of kindness from a person.

Any act of kindness no matter how big or small should be appreciated. Garda Age card is 10Eu replacement... takes about a month to replace... paperwork bureaucracy... so really since time is money it's saved alot.

@OP : Glad people acknowledge acts of kindness every once in awhile. Go you :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Only on the interwebs could a simple thank you turn into an argument.

Get back to the books nerds!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

I always hand stuff in but karma never seems to want to compensate me in return!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

Even after turning in. Some people just aren't arsed!
    Was handed in a bag today from outside. some guy asks was a bag handed in so I said yeah and got it. No thank you or anything! Wasn't really expecting one but is always appreciated.

Fair play op for thanking the person :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

Grimes wrote: »
    Only on the interwebs could a simple thank you turn into an argument.

Get back to the books nerds!

Haha!

...next the argument will turn to the usefulness of me quoting you when it's just a waste of perfectly good cyber paper...:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Haha!

...next the argument will turn to the usefulness of me quoting you when it's just a waste of perfectly good cyber paper...:pac:

Seriously would you mind not spewing your mess all over this endangered epaper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭vonnie10

Well i'd also just like to say a massive thank you to the person who handed in my wallet in the library this evening. It might have seemed a small gesture to them but it saved me so much hassle. It had my student card and my bank card so only for them i wouldn't have had a cent for the entire weekend and also would have had no student card for getting into the library or doing my exams, plus so much stress which i could do without during the exams. Also i had like 30 euro in my wallet and it was still in there when i got it back .I really appreciate it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

I kinda want to find something now so I can get the feel good satisfaction of handing it in.

If it's a wallet I may even slip a few euro into it to pay for the privilege

Advertisement