Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBQ for Work Night Out

Options
  • 13-04-2010 5:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Just wondering does anyone know anywhere in the city centre that would cater for a work group of between 10 - 20 people. We want to have a BBQ and a bar tab. We're a pretty easy going bunch so nowhere to high class, we prefer old man style pubs or somewhere with a bit of charm and character...not too fussy though once they'll let us BBQ and drink:pac:

Would we have to provide our own food (that's probably a stupid question but I've never organised a BBQ in a pub before)

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

College Bar at NUIG do barbecues during the summer. Probably best to look them up, they do cater for groups and naturally enough they serve drink. Place is pretty dead though so you'll have to move on somewhere else later in the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 kell77

Crowe's Bar in Bohermore have a fairly decent set-up for a BBQ, have attended a couple of work events there in the past and no complaints!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

We've had a couple of work nights out in Kelehans in Bushy Park-had a BBQ there once or twice.
    Not sure if they only do them on certain dates though.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I've been to one in O'Connells in Eyre Square: it was for 100 people, but I'm sure they do smaller too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭RubyBlu

Warick, Raddisson or Kelehans. Warick wasn't bad last time I went. You will also get into the club for the night free. Good times.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

kell77 wrote: »
    Crowe's Bar in Bohermore have a fairly decent set-up for a BBQ, have attended a couple of work events there in the past and no complaints!

Same here.. And flexible regarding food and tab/voucher systems..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

All of the venues are top notch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Beetlebum

Nice one guys!!

I just hope this bangin' weather lasts till then!

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NTC

Crowes of Bothermore, very nice. Been there a few times, good food and he even gave us a free DJ :D

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

+ 1 on Crowes. Only problem with it is it's a bit up in Bohermore, so if ye're goin drinking somewhere after it might be a bit of a walk. But top food the time we had a work barbie there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭tribesman78

O' Connells on the square do a BBQ, nice too.

Advertisement