Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sat Nav on phone

Options
  • 13-04-2010 5:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭

I'm thinking of buying an nokia e63, is it possible to use this phone as a sat nav.
    Does GPS have to be in-built into a phone? I dont think it is with the e63

Also is it possible to download and use skype on this phone? I hope these dont seem dumb questions but basically i'm looking for a phone that i can use for sat nav and skype and has wifi.
    would the e63 do this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

Yes you can downland skype on the E63 and for satnav it wont work on the e63.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Get E52 or E72, both will do what you are looking for.

I have E52 and everything you mentioned just work fine. If you need qwerty keys then go for E72.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Dammer

There is no GPS or aGPS on the E63, so your options are limited to this.

1. Buy a standalone GPS unit.

2. Buy a Bluetooth GPS receiver (example) and install Nokia Maps on your phone. Use the Bluetooth GPS receiver to pair with your phone and you can access GPS that way. But you are left carrying an extra device.

3. Sell your phone and get a phone with GPS capabilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

The E71 now has free OVI navigation.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Well the Nokia 6700 has gps but cant use it for some reason, probably me:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Wolfhound14

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Get E52 or E72, both will do what you are looking for.

I have E52 and everything you mentioned just work fine. If you need qwerty keys then go for E72.

I agree. I just ordered an E52 for the wifi and gps combo at a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Wolfhound14

I agree. I just ordered an E52 for the wifi and gps combo at a good price.

...the E55 is pretty much the same but has a qwerty, if thats what you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭jm99

Thanks everyone for your help and advice.

I'm thinking eithier the E71 or E72. I think i'd like too try the querty keyboard. I dont see a whole lot of difference between them!! Maybe someone could tell me otherwise?

I'm wanting too buy one unlocked as i'm on the vodafone simply plan for 20E a month with free vodafone calls and texts which suits me just fine. If i were too leave this plan i'd have too go too the E50 a month plan for the free calls. I realise meteor have much better value plans but there not an option.

I've been mostly looking on ebay but does anyone know of any sites for these phones where i would find good value

thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

E72 Vs E71

http://www.e72user.com/nokia-e71-vs-nokia-e72/

E72 has better CPU, better camera, Optical Joystick, electronic compass, 250mb vs 130mb.

Everything else looks the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

Have my E72 a week now and great phone, upgrade from N95 8gb so took a while to get used to qwerty keyboard but its going great. Love the free sat nav on it and internet is speedy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement