Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need some advice on the liffey....

Options
  • 13-04-2010 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭

Hi hows things, Im looking to broaden my horizons from stockie lakes to some river fishing. Considering Im quite clsoe to the liffey I was considering giving it a go.

IM near lucan, so I was thinking of fishing this stretch, from the village to the salmon leap pub in Lexilip. I was reading the erfb website and theywere saying its free in certain parts, but I cant quite map them out in my head. Does anyone know if I need a licence from lucan village and if so who to get it from? Also, is this stretch any good for trout on the fly?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭surripere

PM sent

Sent you another PM there hamo, u may not have noticed & if you are aware do me the courtesy of replying plz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Tender Hoop

oooooooohh

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭cj salmon

ahhhhahahahahahaha

he better reply,,,

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Nice reminder/lesson in fishing information management.

www.MessenTools.com-MSN6-boca-cerrada.gif

• Advertisement

:) Keep it secret, keep it safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

surripere wrote: »
    :) Keep it secret, keep it safe.

true but general info is ok:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Oranje Wagen

hi all, any chance you have a map of where to fish and not to on liffey around lucan, i find it difficult to get exact locations..whats free and where i license is needed...looking for free parts...
    thanks guys and gals

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

hi all, any chance you have a map of where to fish and not to on liffey around lucan, i find it difficult to get exact locations..whats free and where i license is needed...looking for free parts...
    thanks guys and gals

Welcome to boards.
    As far as I know the Island Bridge stretch is free, holds some trout but mainly coarse fish.
    I used to fish for Pike in Leixlip reservoir years ago but I'm not too sure about access or permits now.

PS: don't be afraid to start a new thread, this ones a couple of years old now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

Jesus I got served on this post :eek:hope I mailed surripere back :o

I fished it last year I asked in fishing and hunting in Lucan and they told me that all the way from there ( just outside the village) to leixlip was free fishing. I fished the stretch up by the Park there beside McDonalds. Some parts were hard to access, was good activity in the evening, though its full of Bats so be careful when casting a fly if you do happen to be doing some late fishing. As an aside, always be careful fishing the liffey because of the water releases from the resevoirs. It can rise very qickly and you can get caught out

• Advertisement
Advertisement