Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy IV:The after years.

Options
  • 13-04-2010 5:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭

OK peeps I've been tempted to get this recently. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_IV:_The_After_Years

It's pretty expensive for the full package though.( I hate "episodic content" AKA business rip off tactic.)

32 Euro in total for a 16 bit sequel to a 16 bit game which has no physical media seems damn expesive to me.

Anyone played it and is it worth the money and time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I played a couple of them (then ran out of money and haven't went back yet:() but I enjoyed them. They're short enough, each episode'll be about an hour or two but they're fun. Nothing mind blowing but it's nice to revisit some of the old places and characters (plus I'm a sucker for nostalgia:)).

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

plus I'm a sucker for nostalgia:)

...and unfortunately square-enix know that oh too well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd like to find the people that are still buy the rereleases of FF1 and 2 and strangle them. Particularly anyone that's buying FF2.

I heard the PSP versions are ment to be fun?!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

FF2 and fun do not go together. If you like randomly levelling up after fights with the risk of levelling down and hitting your own characters to gain HP bonuses you may find some sick perverted fun. It's so bad that despite everytime the game has been remade square have left in the bug where you select attack, hover the cursor over the enemy then cancel, repeat this multiple times and you might level up str or mag after the fight.

• Advertisement

I figured they would of fixed the messy leveling up system for the remakes. I can see how in theory the idea of leveling down could be interesting for an rpg but in the end would just piss off the gamer!

Well it's not just the levelling down thing either. The whole levelling system is broken and not fun at all.

Advertisement