Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gun parts?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Sparks wrote: »
    That's actually why it's only folding/telescoping shotgun stocks that are restricted - the original draft said any firearm. Which would have put every ISSF rifle (air, smallbore and fullbore) on the restricted list. The NTSA met the DoJ (this was back before the FCP was set up) and it was changed for the stuff the NTSA could speak for. Not sure why it wasn't changed for shotguns, my guess is noone said anything.

So I can Get a fancy smancy stock after all!
    Or maybe i will get one made for me?
    Maybe Irelandcustomrifles will make me a stock:D

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭ani_mal

so tell me this, I ordered a lee enfield stock for my husband for Xmas gift and yesterday we got letter from customs saying he MUST provide a gun licence, otherwise they will not reliease it.

should I provide the licence to them? its too much of information they want.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

ani_mal wrote: »
    should I provide the licence to them? its too much of information they want.

Without reading back through the thread a gun stock is a componant part of a firearm and whether other places send them without a license or not is besides the point.

Upon entry the customs can and will hold onto parts until either a vaild/in date license is produced and/or the appropriate fee for taxes and excise is paid.

The other bit of bad news is you cannot provide the license on your husbands behalf. He will have to make an appearance. What you could do is tell him you need him to accompany you, get him to show the licence and ask thecustoms official if he can keep the contents of the parcel a secret from your husband as its a gift.

I don't know how probable that is to happen or how they will view this, but there is no harm in asking and with your husband presnt they will probably use common sense and realise its all above board.

Sorry i cannot give better news.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

thank you for reply. I was confused reading all of it.
    I eventually rang them and informed them I can't travel from co.Meath to co. Laois to show his licence, so they agreed to get it by fax.

loads of hassle, if I knew I would never order it.

thank you for you help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

kowloon wrote: »
    I was under the impression that, to the letter of the law, even importing a sling was breaking the law.
    I know they wouldn't look kindly on someone importing a pistol grip stock for instance.

No it is not, just some companies refuse or are too windy to send them:mad:

• Advertisement

we don't have problem ordering from www.atigunstocks.com on the web they say thry don't post outside US but after a phone call they agreed as long as you use credit card.
    Very Nice customer service, and when you ask them to put it on the letter/package gift with low value there is not a problem

Advertisement