Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CW117 Bioscience

• 13-04-2010 6:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi im thinking on doing this course as a mature student,I would just like a little info about the course,I am currently working full time in the pharmaceutical industry and i would like to get into the area of quality control.The course has a lot of emphases on Physics Chemistry and Biology,subject thats i never done in school so im just wondering will i have an uphill battle all the way in trying to keep up!!!Whats the pass rate like and the drop out rate like for this course, Any help much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

I did the course as a mature student too (I won student of the year that year :P ; and the next year), and I'm sure that you'll enjoy it. One of the subjects in it is actually Pharmaceutical Science, so I'm sure you'll be great at that. The other subjects are biochemistry, a food processing subject, and quality control / statistics.

The lecturers are very nice and approachable, and you will be made to work hard. It is very hands-on, and you'll get a lot of lab-time. If you've any specific questions, then just ask. If you even want to see what the notes are like, I can pass some onto you (I have them on my hard-disk).

Kevin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭DecTipp

Hi Kevster that would be great ,i have the interview tomorrow so the nerves are starting to set in!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

No need to be nervous. I'd argue that whoever is interviewing you is slightly nervous too. They want you to join the course because they'll then get money, and you want to join to enhance your career. It's a win-win situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Protagonist

Just finished my first year of this course, it's not as hard as you'd expect & more than worth the effort. Good luck

Advertisement