Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phil & Ted Dash - wtf

Options
  • 13-04-2010 6:29pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just bought one of these last week for (5 days overdue) baba #2.

I just want to know - before I bring it back - it is supposed to that difficult to maneuver, or does it take getting used to?

Seriously, after a few trips to the shops I can't imagine using the thing for the next couple of years - and this is only with one kid in it. It just won't go straight or turn in any consistent manner. For that money it should push itself...

Anyone used one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Moobui

There must be something wrong with it, you should definitely bring it back. I got a dash almost a year ago and find it really easy to manouvre with 2 children weighing nearly 6 stone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Yeah, I can push the dash one handed, take it back and ask them to replace it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Linford

If the Phil&Ted Dash has the same front wheel as the Phil&Ted Sport it is possible that the front wheel is locked in the straight position and unable to swivel, there is a lever behind the wheel to change this. If the wheel is in the non-swivel position it is pretty difficult to manoevre as you can only turn by lifting the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

We've a P&T Dash and had the same problem. The suppliers took it back and fixed it. No problems at all. Supposedly there was a faulty batch.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Thanks for all the responses, folks. That helps a lot.

Gave the shop (Tony Kealys) a call.
    They suggested we check the tyres are inflated and then bring it in for someone to look at.

The front wheel swivels, alright, just not any direction you want it to. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

FYIs,

Brought the P&T buggy back in today. The guy in the shop took it out the back and squirted a bit of lubricant in the front wheel mechanism - and it was magically fixed.

Apparently, batches of them kinda dried up in the time they were lubricated in the factory to the time they were sold. Makes them impossible to maneuver until re-done.

Just a heads up in case anyone is having the same difficulties. :)

Advertisement