Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SSFIV for preorder on Gamesnash

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Hey dude, it has indeed arrived, thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

+1 for Games Nash. Thanks a billion!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

GAME wouldn't sell me one today, despite me acting all nice and interested :( They were right there, too, in that glass thing all their stores have behind the counter. I asked the price and he had to scan it to find out so it was on the system already....

I'll put aside my fear of comets* and give Gamesnash a try next time :)

(*okay, it's not just comets, I have vouchers I need to get rid of)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Mine arrived in the post this morning.

Mine too :D
    Jim wrote: »
    I think everyone has to agree. 10/10 Pat. Cheers for sorting us.

Here here, again, just like last year when I got SF4 from them, gamenash once again has delivered.

Few irish ppl on my friends list were like "WTF????? How so soon I ordered from Amazon and it'll be next week for me!"

Shoulda gone to Gamenash :cool:

Turned out my GAME loyalty points had expired so I ended up paying full price anyway :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

they dont expire.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

Thanks very much Pat and Gamesnash :) Got the game on Thursday, its brilliant to get a game before release, such an unusual occurrence :p Have to keep Gamesnash in mind in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Dunjohn wrote: »
    Turned out my GAME loyalty points had expired so I ended up paying full price anyway :pac:

Should've gone to gamestop, they knew the street date was broken on wednesday :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

i got a copy of ssf4 in gamestop today for 29.99! WITH A FREE TSHIRT!

i know they get us in trade ins etc but how can somewhere like gamestop sell this cheaper than a site? as in overheads couldnt be the same etc for shop v site?

just wondering here, but are all games bought from suppliers for less than 30 notes?

if thats the case im not gonna be spending 50 quid on new releases anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

why would you spoil the gamesnash appreciation thread with such talk :p

• Advertisement

sorry im not spoiling just discussing sagat lol! but really does anyone work in the gaming industry that can point out the cost of a game?

btw i think its great getting a game before release day and fair play to gamesnash from that point ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

I think Capcom decided that Super would have a lower retail price than your average game. So I'm guessing Capcom sold them to stockists at a lower stock price point.

Xluna wrote: »
    I think Capcom decided that Super would have a lower retail price than your average game. So I'm guessing Capcom sold them to stockists at a lower stock price point.
    thats what i was tryin to ask lol thanks

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    they dont expire.

Mine did. Last time I used it was when I got SSIV, the guy said they clear cards that have been inactive for a while. He didn't seem to know why, or exactly how long a while was.

Edit: wait, 'twas even longer than that, I got SSIV in Gamestop.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

i got a copy of ssf4 in gamestop today for 29.99! WITH A FREE TSHIRT!

i know they get us in trade ins etc but how can somewhere like gamestop sell this cheaper than a site? as in overheads couldnt be the same etc for shop v site?

just wondering here, but are all games bought from suppliers for less than 30 notes?

if thats the case im not gonna be spending 50 quid on new releases anymore

Three reasons ....

1) Gamestop are a huge company with massive bulk buying power and they deal directly with Capcom whereas Gamesnash deal with Capcoms Irish distributors. Gamestop were given free T-Shirts to give away.

2) Gamestop can buy through sterling buying accounts and ship over to Ireland. Whilst not as big a factor with SSFIVs lower RRP there is a difference between the retail prices / cost prices in UK versus their euro equivilent over here. Example AAA titles are RRPd at £49.99 (€57.50ish) and €59.99 over here - cost prices to retailers are worked directly back from the RRP so buying through the UK and selling over here gets you a headstart.

3) €1.90 of the price on Gamesnash's site is lost to postage and packing costs. - That's over 6% of a title priced this low. Credit card processing online costs more than retail stores so there are extra overheads for online processing that go a long way to balance out the lack of paying for retail space.

You can walk into Gamesnash Live tomorrow and buy SSFIV for €29.99 - mightn't make sense that the website is €1.00 dearer but without the factors described in point 3 above there is more profit on it sold cheaper there than on the website.

Capcom RRP'd this at €34.99 - Most big titles are RRP'd at €59.99 and in the current cut throat retail environment they are discounted heavily which is why it's now the normal to see the €59.99 titles going for €49.99. Cost price of a typical AAA title with an RRP of €59.99 is usually around €44.50 vat in depending on the publisher.

Advertisement