Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RB Drum Pedal

Options
  • 13-04-2010 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭

Ok so in the midst of a party last week, the drum pedal managed to get totaly smashed while playing. Is there anywhere to get the pedal on its own?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Can it not be fixed? A quick google will show how flakey they are and easily broken.

D4rk Onion quite possibly has his taped together :D Do you Onion?

has the pedal actually snapped in half? there are plenty of diy fixes. And unless you are playing on hard or expert should work ok I'd say

It's actually quite difficult to find a pedal in a shop here if at all possible?
    Ordering on line may be the only option even then shipping and cost of it might mean that a trip to smiths for the whole bundle of instruments would be a better option :(

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Where is it snapped? Can you post a pic?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Snapped on the bit where ya push it down. Just below the orange bit, heading towards the heel.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Actually, found video, looks like we'll be able to sort something:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,577 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

My housemate (an engineer) cut a piece of steel the shape of the pedal and used some industrial glue to fix it. This however only lasted about 2 weeks. After that, we used some flat butter knives and lots of duct tape.

If you cant fix it, there's always this place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Greyjoy

You could try hunting down the portable RB drum set. HMV on grafton st had some a few weeks ago and were flogging them off for about €16. Unfortunately they don't seem to have any left at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Greyjoy wrote: »
    You could try hunting down the portable RB drum set. HMV on grafton st had some a few weeks ago and were flogging them off for about €16. Unfortunately they don't seem to have any left at the moment.

Amazon had them for around the same last I checked, if HMV have none left. Got a set ages ago and they are still in the box for when the inevitable happens to mine ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Greyjoy

I actually ended up using the drum pedal from the portable set as an alternate 'overdrive pedal' for the guitar.

Advertisement