Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GSM Auto Dialler

Options
  • 13-04-2010 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi guys,

New to this site-so forgive me if this has already been asked and answered.

Wondering if it's possible for anyone to tell me how I would go about having a SIM card installed to text mobile phones if the alarm is triggered as opposed to having to pay line rental to Eircom every month. Phone line is never used and sole purpose for having it at all is so it can send a text to my mobile if alarm goes off.

Would be obliged if anyone could help me out re: prices, installers etc. Am in the Meath area.

Tks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Yes been done before and if you search you get some useful info.
    What make of alarm do you have and how old is it

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

There are a number of standalone units that will work with any system.
    Try Northwood Technology or Reliable Security

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi guys,

New to this site-so forgive me if this has already been asked and answered.

Wondering if it's possible for anyone to tell me how I would go about having a SIM card installed to text mobile phones if the alarm is triggered as opposed to having to pay line rental to Eircom every month. Phone line is never used and sole purpose for having it at all is so it can send a text to my mobile if alarm goes off.

Would be obliged if anyone could help me out re: prices, installers etc. Am in the Meath area.

Tks :)

Hi dollygreen2,

I would need to know what type alarm system you have installed to give you advice. There are so many different types out there. They are also very expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dollygreen2

It is a HKC secure watch alarm and it's about 5 years old

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

There are two different GSMs for the HKC alarm, one in a poly housing costs about €300 plus vat that runs off the alarm systems battery in the event of a power cut or one in a metal housing with its own back up battery that costs €360 plus vat. Both will also give you remote access to your alarm system for turning it on, off plus get a text if the alarm goes off. They are expensive but are the best ones to use with the HKC alarm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭NDJ4

You need to be sure that you have a HKC 8/12 unit for the HKC GSM to work with it. If you have a 6/10 panel the GSM unit won't work with it. You'll also need the alarm panel engineer code to program the GSM unit for sending texts so probably best to go back to the original system installer if you're thinking of adding this unit.

Advertisement