Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help!! RC Helicopter

Options
  • 13-04-2010 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭

Hope someone can help me please.

Got a RC Helicopter for Christmas and it's only now I'm getting to try it out. I've done all the preparatory work and I thought I was ready to fly. I'm a complete novice so don't know much about them. It's a Falcon (not sure of medel etc) after that. Basically I cannot get it to take off. The rotars do not even spin. There is power going to the helicopter and I've tried everything.

Is there something obvious that I'm missing. Or is the thing simply a dud?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭syl77

Does the swash plate mode when you move the cyclic stick?
    What position is the throttle stick at when you switch on the heli.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭largepants

syl77 wrote: »
    Does the swash plate mode when you move the cyclic stick?
    What position is the throttle stick at when you switch on the heli.

Sorry to sound like a total idiot but I'm not 100% what the swash plate or cyclic stick is.

I've tried the throttle at most positions but still no luck. When I switch on the helicopter itself and then the remote control it seems to move the lower wings (up and down slightly) but doesn't spin either the upper wings nor the rear rotor.

I'm bamboozled.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭syl77

largepants wrote: »
    When I switch on the helicopter itself and then the remote control .

You should always switch on the radio first then the helicopter and before switching on the helicopter, make sure the throttle stick is fully down. If you are flying mode 2 (which theres an 80% chance you are) then the cyclic stick is the right stick on the radio, it controls helicopter by moving the servos, which move the swash plate which inturn moves the blades and flybar. the swash plate is located between the blades and canopy - google it.
    If it moves with the right stick (radio/heli on) then it shows youve got communication between the radio and heli and the problem may lie else where.

If its your first heli, I suggest at least having training gear on or get the help of a local heli pilot or get some experence on a simulator. They are hard to fly.

Advertisement