Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas- stag night what to do?

Options
  • 13-04-2010 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭

Few of us are heading to Naas in a few weeks fro my friends stag night

-General gist is head off to the races for the day come
    -back to Naas about 7/8
    -get something to eat
    -go to pub/club

Any suggestions would be welcome:)

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

You've 2 options for clubbing in Naas, Time or The Court.. Time is big and spacious but it attracts a young crowd and is proned to rows breaking out..

The Court would be a more refined older crowd but it's very cramped and over crowded, trying to get a drink at the bar is a nightmear..

Where are yis coming from?

Naas for a stag? Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭paulanthony

Time is a great nightclub.

Might be worth ringing ahead, you might get a table / bottle of champagne or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

xzanti wrote: »
    You've 2 options for clubbing in Naas, Time or The Court.. Time is big and spacious but it attracts a young crowd and is proned to rows breaking out..

The Court would be a more refined older crowd but it's very cramped and over crowded, trying to get a drink at the bar is a nightmare..

Naas for a stag? Really?

Coming from kilkenny...cork has been done two/three times for stags so it's played out,galway - driving back the next day would be a nightmare, not leaving the country due to recession can't be expecting people to fork out. Naas has the races to keep us occupied for the day and it's only an hour away so makes sense!?!?!

I'd say we'll end up in time if it's more spacious ..there is twenty off us and i'd say the town will be packed that night anyway so time will probably be the most likely we all have rubber arms so god knows where will end up.

We grub after the races? any suggestions? what lalors for food on the square?

Time is a great nightclub.

Might be worth ringing ahead, you might get a table / bottle of champagne or something.

Do you know if there is a bar beside time as well?.....I doubt they'll provide us with champagne some way or another might give them a call all the same.

• Advertisement

SQ2 wrote: »

Were going out the night before and we are definitely going to the races so we wouldn't have the time to fit this in..thanks for the link though looks good

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭TheColl

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Do you know if there is a bar beside time as well?.....I doubt they'll provide us with champagne some way or another might give them a call all the same.

The Osprey Hotel bar is right beside Time but I'd recommend drinkin in the pubs in the town first before heading to Time. Try Hayden's, Grace's, Kavanagh's... Or eat and drink in Lawlors.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,955 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

xzanti wrote: »

The Court would be a more refined older crowd but it's very cramped and over crowded, trying to get a drink at the bar is a nightmear..

Naas for a stag? Really?
    Seriously? I've been to Naas lots of times, both the Court and Time and I don't think I've seen more than 2/3 fights in or around Time. The security on the premises are excellent. As said before ring ahead ahead and book in for your friends "birthday". They'll square off a few tables for ye and supply a free bottle of bubbly.

The Court. I've always found it to be quieter but it's a more 'mature' crowd if you get my drift. I've even heard it referred to as 'grab a granny'. For a stay you want space, with a crowd and Time is definitely the place for that. Maybe start off in that pub beside the church, I can never remember the name of it.

Quazzie wrote: »
    Seriously? I've been to Naas lots of times, both the Court and Time and I don't think I've seen more than 2/3 fights in or around Time. The security on the premises are excellent. As said before ring ahead ahead and book in for your friends "birthday". They'll square off a few tables for ye and supply a free bottle of bubbly.

The Court. I've always found it to be quieter but it's a more 'mature' crowd if you get my drift. I've even heard it referred to as 'grab a granny'. For a stay you want space, with a crowd and Time is definitely the place for that. Maybe start off in that pub beside the church, I can never remember the name of it.

That'd be Grace's.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Quazzie wrote: »
    Seriously? I've been to Naas lots of times, both the Court and Time and I don't think I've seen more than 2/3 fights in or around Time. The security on the premises are excellent.

Any time I'm there we always take the mini bus home which means waiting around in the car park for about half an hour after chucking out time and I've seen many a fisticuffs believe me, it's like death and taxes.. Got worse when Dowlings in Prosperous shut down and all that crowd migrated into Time..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭stackerman

If it's during the Punchestown Races the Town will be packed and great craic. If i were you Id stay in the Osprey and talk to them about getting passes to Time, if thats where you want to go. Otherwise it could be hard to get a group of lads in, esp on a race day.
    In my book the court is a much better laugh, but then i'm older than 20/25 :p
    Either way Id call ahead as getting all in could be a problem. If you cant sort it out beforehand, make sure you get before the crowds gather.

keving wrote: »
    If it's during the Punchestown Races the Town will be packed and great craic. If i were you Id stay in the Osprey and talk to them about getting passes to Time, if thats where you want to go. Otherwise it could be hard to get a group of lads in, esp on a race day.
    In my book the court is a much better laugh, but then i'm older than 20/25 :p
    Either way Id call ahead as getting all in could be a problem. If you cant sort it out beforehand, make sure you get before the crowds gather.

It the court nightclub part of a hotel and if so which hotel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Kobayashi

Not being local you'll struggle to get past the bouncers on the door at Graces as a group of guys and if you go to The Court, they often won't let you in without a collar. Enjoy.

Some one Recommended he forge? anyone got any details where it is ? what type of crowd much banter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭stackerman

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Some one Recommended he forge? anyone got any details where it is ? what type of crowd much banter

Closed down to make way (in part) for a shopping ctr

Advertisement