Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Brother Big Sister Kilkenny!!!

Options
  • 13-04-2010 7:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Anyone interested in volunteering an hour a week of their time??

Big Brother Big Sister Kilkenny is a mentoring programme which matches adult volunteers with a young person aged 10 to 18.
    The idea is that a friendship will contribute to the positive development of the young person.
    We are currently looking for volunteers in Kilkenny. They come from all walks in life and bring their interests and experience to the friendship. They are carefully screened and receive training before the friendship begins. They receive support and guidance from a staff member throughout the friendship. The programme has been operating in Ireland for the last ten years and thanks to funding from Vodafone Ireland it has now reached the South East.
    If interested you can contact The Drum Youth Centre onn 056 7788134 :):)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭DerryRed

I attended the open night last night in the Drum Centre, and it was very disappointing that I was the only person that turned up.

It looks like an excellent program, and something in the long run, that can be of great benefit to the people of Kilkenny. I'm currently filling out the paperwork, and looking forward to getting started in the near future.

I'd highly recommend that you contact the Drum Centre about this, if you think you could spare an hour of your time each week. You can find more information on the program at http://www.bbbsireland.ie/

Advertisement