Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tales of Symphonia:Dawn of the New World

Options
  • 13-04-2010 8:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_of_Symphonia:_Dawn_of_the_New_World

I saw this on sale at a reasonable price today for the Wii. Has anyone played it? I was really tempted but I hated what happened to Dragon Quest when it came onto the Wii. It was like Dragon Quest lite.
    The reviews seem to be mixed. Anyone play it?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's not as good as Vagrant Story.

I heard it's not all that great and way worse than tales of symphonia. However it definitely isn't like crappy DQ Swords.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

Managed to find a GT review of it. It sounds ok. I never played it's direct sequel. The main character having a multiple personality sounds kind of interesting on paper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1Hbf_SgiEw

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

It seems interesting but the fact that the battles are real time kinda puts me off. I really prefer turn based/atb style systems.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

From playing a few of the tales game and in particular Tales of Symphonia I can safely say that there's no problems with the real time battle system. The battle system is superb and feels like a mix of a traditional RPG and streets of rage and is a whole heap of fun. It's the only RPG since Grandia were the battles never annoyed me at one point.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

It nowhere near as good as the last tales game but Im still enjoying it all the same,if you can get it on the cheap then I'd say get it.

oops I thought you were talking about tales of vesperia,I ordered this on the cheap too have'nt gotten it yet though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement