Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replace standard eircom wireless modem

• 13-04-2010 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

Have a standard (3+ years old) eircom modem that i use for wireless around the house. However in certain rooms that are far away the signal is v weak or just not there. Im wondering can i simply upgrade the modem with a model with a more powerful wireless transmitter?
    If so what should i look for and has anyone any recommendations?
    Thanks for the help
    Mike

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭homer911

Have a standard (3+ years old) eircom modem that i use for wireless around the house. However in certain rooms that are far away the signal is v weak or just not there. Im wondering can i simply upgrade the modem with a model with a more powerful wireless transmitter?
    If so what should i look for and has anyone any recommendations?
    Thanks for the help
    Mike

You could use a repeater/wireless extender, or try a more powerful antenna on the eircom router (I think they unscrew), or try a Homeplug (amazon are good value)

Advertisement