Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cycle lanes phoenix park

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭SleepDoc

Yes, the park is not a veledrome and cyclists must cycle in a careful and judicious manner. However the cycle lanes are clearly just that, for cyclists and not for pedestrians or joggers. It shows utter disregard for cyclists to walk or run in them. Bawling people out of it would'nt be my first reaction, but I understand the frustration.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

72hundred wrote: »
    Fine, but motorists aren't going to move as freely as if there was no cyclist on the road.... wait a minute, am I actually defending motorists.

I'll get my coat.

the speed limit in the park is 30km, you're not going to be obstructing motorists. Keeping centre lane will make you more visible, stop drivers overtaking you too closely and stop you getting doored. That whole idea that cyclists stop you moving freely is something that's in drivers heads most of the time esp in areas where its bumper to bumper and yet just coz there's a bike in front, they feel like you're in the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

Lumen wrote: »
    horse racing facilities, QUOTE]

Unfortunately not any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,074 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Vélo wrote: »
    horse racing facilities,

Unfortunately not any more.

Ah, what are all the white railings for then?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 EamonnL

The speed limit on Chesterfield Ave. is 50Kph.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Polo grounds are one and cricket is the other.
    AFAIK the horse-racing used to take place where all of those apartments at the Ashtown gate are now.

I think that's the Polo grounds. Racehorses aren't meant to be in the Park. I remember riding out for a trainer years ago who brought a horse down for a gallop. I had to put the irons down so it looked like an oridanary horse. When I got down to where the gallops used to be I put the irons back up and took off. I really enjoyed that day. I remember a few onlookers liked it also. I suppose it's not the safest thing to do, have a race horse at full speed while people are out walking their dogs but don't worry I was wearing a helmet.;)

ROK ON wrote: »
    Polo grounds are one and cricket is the other.
    AFAIK the horse-racing used to take place where all of those apartments at the Ashtown gate are now.

Correct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Cowboy...

Advertisement