Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

French rugby Updates : Le café du Rugby.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 756 ✭✭✭4PP

Poor match with a close score. T14 is back!

I'll remind you of that when Leinster C play Dragons Z in the pissings of rain in some hellhole in Wales :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

4PP wrote: »
    I'll remind you of that when Leinster C play Dragons Z in the pissings of rain in some hellhole in Wales :D

One of the more flattering descriptions I've read about Newport. Not a place for the faint hearted.

Bayonne-Clermont game moved back to 7pm local, hopefully temp will have dropped to below 35°C in the shade by then. Not that the supporters will mind, they're on the longest apertif' of the summer & will be completely out of it come match time :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

Bayonne-Clermont game moved back to 7pm local, hopefully temp will have dropped to below 35°C in the shade by then. Not that the supporters will mind, they're on the longest apertif' of the summer & will be completely out of it come match time :pac:

The heat should keep the scoring down, you would think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Bayonne v Clermont is on Setanta's EPG for later, think its a 6 kickoff now

• Advertisement

FCG 17-0 up after 15 minutes

17-8
    FCG robbed of a perfectly valid try by the TMO
    BB getting back in touch despite poor kicking

17-8
    FCG robbed of a perfectly valid try by the TMO
    BB getting back in touch despite poor kicking

18-17 now, sounds like a corker of a match, well looks better than the dross Setanta have on at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

C01-UBB-FCG.jpg

I only recognise two names in that team: Sowerby and Courrent.

I only recognise two names in that team: Sowerby and Courrent.

Thats fair enough considering you don't follow French rugby, just Toulon ;)

• Advertisement

pithater1 wrote: »
    18-17 now, sounds like a corker of a match, well looks better than the dross Setanta have on at the moment

More a "Comedy of Errors "really. Mind you its entertaining enough & good to see two teams who will no doubt be fighting for survival playing a reasonably open game.
    In all honesty if you'd offered FCG a LBP yesteday they'ed have bitten your hand off (bit like CO last night) but its not over yet, just a point in it.

More a "Comedy of Errors "really. Mind you its entertaining enough & good to see two teams who will no doubt be fighting for survival playing a reasonably open game.
    In all honesty if you'd offered FCG a LBP yesteday they'ed have bitten your hand off (bit like CO last night) but its not over yet, just a point in it.

Out of interest, how many matches can you watch live over in France? I see on the LNR website they're all listed as being televised.

Out of interest, how many matches can you watch live over in France? I see on the LNR website they're all listed as being televised.

Depends on how many screens you have :D but yes all the games are available on Canal+(French equivalent of Skysports). It is their national league after all.
    You also get ProD2 games televised, generally on Sundays.

Depends on how many screens you have :D but yes all the games are available on Canal+(French equivalent of Skysports). It is their national league after all.
    You also get ProD2 games televised, generally on Sundays.

To live in a civilised country ;)

Back to the rugby, rather soft try for Clermont there, looks like thats that for Bayonne, they should have built their innings in the 1st half when they had their chances.

Grenoble back in front

To live in a civilised country ;)

I know 60+ million French people who'd love to! Where is it??

Grenoble back in front

deserved overall, UBB didn't take their chances & the TMO deprived FCG of a perfectly good try

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

delighted for Jackman
    Even if it did cost me a fiver

wprathead wrote: »
    delighted for Jackman

Is he still there?

Grenoble are eight ahead, win is sealed. Huge result considering a lot of their summer signings weren't playing.

wprathead wrote: »
    delighted for Jackman

Jackman?? Not a certain former bald hooker?

• Advertisement

Jackman?? Not a certain former bald hooker?

No, that would be Woodie :D

BB get a try, uh oh.

Grenoble hold on for a 28-29 win, BB try came too late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Almost sure Jackman was given a contract after Grenoble got promotion.. not as 1st team coach, think defence or forwards coach or something.. i dunno, maybe I'm gone mad ha

Grenoble hold on for a 28-29 win, BB try came too late.

Saved my bet I suppose, sadly Agen look like fooking it over

4PP, what's the best site for following live Top14 scores? lnr.fr?

28-29
    Absolutely HUGE result for the only team from the SE of France in the T14.
    This does not move them towards a QF spot but its a win over direct rivals desperatly trying to avoid the relegation zone. Fantastic for FCG. +3pts.

I know I'm not 4PP but flashscores is pretty useful:
    http://www.flashscores.co.uk/rugby-union/

USAP vs Toulon to come! Allllllllllllez Toulon!!! :D:D:D

• Advertisement

Rugbyrama.fr or L'Equipe, neither of which are as "live" as they would like you to think. I often use the various supporters forums. If you have French maybe listen to RMC over the 'net?

In anycase none are "live" enough to allow in play betting.

Even live streams have a 30 to 90second lag.

Potgier (sp?) is really costing Bayonne here.

Potgier (sp?) is really costing Bayonne here.

A journeyman in his SA days.

A journeyman in his SA days.

Yeah not surprised tbh. Out of interest, has anybody got any 'advice' for the Toulon match, would like to watch 5 matches on the trot today?

3-6 to RCT

12-15 to RCT at halftime

• Advertisement

Sweet Jesus RCT are so negative they should be playing in Black & White :confused:

Sweet Jesus RCT are so negative they should be playing in Black & White :confused:

terrible alright. I don't get why they want a playmaker like Giteau in the team tbh, doesn't suit what they're doing at all.

USAP not much better tbf.

Nice DG from Wilkinson, 15-21.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Steffon Armitage put on his backside there by the perpignan wing.

USAP have had so much change from backroom to frontline its clear that they are not yet cohesive but RCT??? That was/is an absolutely horrible display of the worst of what rugby can be in any language.
    Bougdela may think Kaiser Bernie will get him a trophy but RCT are going to get blown out of the Rade when the big guns come to town!

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of Mercenaries :D

• Advertisement

yimrsg wrote: »
    Steffon Armitage put on his backside there by the perpignan wing.

he wanted a blood sample :p

6 point win in Perpignan, not to be sniffed at.

603453.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Wasnt too impressed with Clermont earlier. They're probably my favourite Top14 team but if they would like to continue like that up to late December i would be pleased ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Fairly dour at times from both sides meant I only half watched it, from what I saw the camera spent a good bit of time watching Mignoni on the sidelines rather than the players. Bit of a let down for the opening weekend in terms of accurate and attacking of play; probably from watching too much S15. Hopefully it'll improve sharpish. There's some serious playing talent (money) in the top14; Taumalolo and Jenkins were the sub looseheads for Perpignan and Toulon.

Delpoux congratulated his team for trying to play positive rugby but slammed Toulon's negativity.

"We tried to bring some movement to the game but Toulon broke the world record for lack of passes. They must have made about 12 passes in the whole match! " lamented the Perpigan manager.

"If this is the kind of rugby we want and that should win, then it's worrying.

"Steffon Armitage pinched ten balls on the ground, he was penalised six times, without ever seeing a yellow card. I don't understand.

"I was going to say that this match is encouraging for us because we attempted to bring some movement, we tried a few things, but a defeat is never encouraging."

Toulon boss Bernard Laporte, who has never been know for playing expansive rugby, admitted that "everything was not perfect" but applauded his team's commitment.

"We were efficient on defence and at the breakdown," said the former France coach.

"We played to our strengths, like when we carried the ball for 30 metres. We should have done that more.

"We're satisfied with this success but it's only one battle, not the war."

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,16024_8003959,00.html

It was pretty depressing to see Wilkinson repeatedly garryowen the ball inside the Perpignan half. He has two classy players in Giteau and Mermoz outside him. If this was Australia Giteau would have started a player revolt if he didn't like the style himself!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭BoarHunter

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,16024_8003959,00.html

It was pretty depressing to see Wilkinson repeatedly garryowen the ball inside the Perpignan half. He has two classy players in Giteau and Mermoz outside him. If this was Australia Giteau would have started a player revolt if he didn't like the style himself!

will be different with michalak in charge I suppose

BoarHunter wrote: »
    will be different with michalak in charge I suppose

Laporte has said he's been signed as a 10 but will they really drop Wilkinson? Despite his negative play, he won the game for them through his goal kicking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭BoarHunter

Laporte has said he's been signed as a 10 but will they really drop Wilkinson? Despite his negative play, he won the game for them through his goal kicking.

Michalak has been kicking / drop goaling good lately and is far more creative than Wilko ball in hand. The season is long and Michalak is just out of Super15 action. His time will come and Michalak will be ready with some game time for the Autumn internationals with the IRB ranking at stake.

Yachvili out for 3 months, big blow to Biarritz.

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,16024_8007473,00.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,876 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Boarhunter...I'm out near carcassonne for a few days and was going to take a spin up to toulouse on friday.
    Anything rugby related worth checking out?
    Got a bit excited today when I spotted the French rugby federation operation in narbonne.
    Was thinking maybe to stop into Trevor brennans place?
    Anything else?

• Advertisement
Advertisement