Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French rugby Updates : Le café du Rugby.

Options
1216217218219220222»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭OldRio

That's a paddling.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Ben Bailey

UBB looked unsure throughout. Not having a 10 to replace a clearly below par Jalibert removed any chance that they could respond to a white hot Stade Toulousain.

Voting is now closed on the WPOTY until Toto officially retires.

Jack Willis was simply outstanding (hope the RFU were watching)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,263 ✭✭✭✭phog

Brilliant win by Toulouse but if any team won the URC final with a scoreline like that they'd be questions about the standard of the league.

Bordeaux must have choked, they never looked like contenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,250 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Bordeaux had a demanding game six days beforehand which was surely a factor. But they also gambled on bringing back in two big players who were clearly unfit in Ben Tameifuna and Jalibert. Neither should have been on the park. With that said, they were miles off the pace and let themselves down. This is a team capable of much better but they looked exhausted and overwhelmed. A far cry from the team that obliterated Saracens.

Toulouse were very good and have largely been a class apart from every team they've faced this season. If they can win in Europe next season, I think this team are very close to the level of best European club side ever. Whilst I'd back the Toulon team of a decade ago to beat them in a one off game, their lack of domestic silverware (just the one title) is a mark against them.

One minor quibble, I thought it was a bit sh*tty of Toulouse to run it from their own posts with the clock in the red and 54-3 up. The game is done. Bordeaux are broken entirely with one or two of their guys looking like they're close to tears. Whilst I don't have an issue with running up a score, this game was done. Stick it out. If that happened in American sports, there would have been a punch up.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Toulouse wasn't founded on 'pas jouer'.

Bordeaux hadn't completely given up, they were on the Toulouse line going for a consolation try. It would have been patronising to nick the ball and put it out when a 100m try was on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,263 ✭✭✭✭phog

7 contract extensions at LaR, Ultan Dillane extends his stay there until 2026

• Registered Users Posts: 24,250 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Some weirdly long contracts there. 4 years for Skelton and Seuteni who are both over 30.

5 years for Boudehant.

Advertisement