Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

French rugby Updates : Le café du Rugby.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Menini's been really good whenever I've seen him. Wasn't there talk of resting a couple of players? That would explain Pape, he's had a long season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

take a look at the second incident in this video. of all the incidents we've seen in the last month or so, I can't understand how this was not a red.
    I wouldnt have given a card for either, first one Habana was trying to get him sent off. Second one was as much his own team mates fault as the tacklers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

It's actually a bit disappointing from Habana. He did the same against the ABs last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

The first test kicks off in Brisbane on 7 June, with the second in Melbourne a week later and the final match in Sydney on 21 June.

Forwards: Thomas Domingo, Alexandre Menini, Guilhem Guirado, Benjamin Kayser, Christopher Tolofua, Vincent Debaty, Nicolas Mas, Rabah Slimani, Alexandre Flanquart, Bernard Le Roux, Yoann Maestri, Sbastien Vahaamahina, Antoine Burban, Damien Chouly, Thierry Dusautoir (capt), Yannick Nyanga, Fulgence Ouedraogo, Louis Picamoles.
    Backs: Maxime Machenaud, Morgan Parra, Frdric Michalak, Rémi Tales, Mathieu Bastareaud, Gal Fickou, Wesley Fofana, Rémi Lamerat, Yoann Huget, Felix Le Bourhis, Maxime Medard, Hugo Bonneval, Brice Dulin.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/international/2014/0508/615994-dusautoir-to-captain-france-in-australia/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Sexton starts tomorrow for Racing Métro at Toulouse in the first of the barrage matches. If Racing lose then Sexton's domestic season will end tomorrow and he'll get a nice rest before touring Argentina.

CompoBARSTExt.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Doesn't Dan Lydiate play for Racing :confused:

What exactly are the barrage matches? The playoffs?

Toulouse have come into form at just the right time and with their 2 flankers back will be tough to stop, but I have a suspicion this Racing team might be just the men for the job. Should be a great game.

Grimebox wrote: »
    Doesn't Dan Lydiate play for Racing :confused:

What exactly are the barrage matches? The playoffs?

Lydiate has been a bit of a flop, he can't break into the first team. Here's his gametime: http://www.lnr.fr/john-lydiate,16148.html

The barrage are more or less quarter-finals. 1st and 2nd place teams go straight to the semi-finals while 3rd to 6th playoff in the barrage matches for the other two semi-final spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

So is that 19:45 Irish time?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

Swan Curry wrote: »
    So is that 19:45 Irish time?

Yep. Both matches live on TV5 this weekend and the Toulouse v Racing game is also on Setanta Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Sexton starts tomorrow for Racing Métro at Toulouse in the first of the barrage matches. If Racing lose then Sexton's domestic season will end tomorrow and he'll get a nice rest before touring Argentina.

Sexton was on Second Captains podcast the other day saying he wants to go to Argentina. Said he played a lot of games at start of season but has had a good rest now and is looking forward to it if Joe brings him

I would rather see him get a good rest otherwise he will be playing non-stop more or less to World cup!

he has new baba as well and believe me he will need the sleep!!! my little one is only 8 months and I think the last time I got a proper sleep was around.......8 months ago

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭the perfect ten

Big Nelly wrote: »
    Sexton was on Second Captains podcast the other day saying he wants to go to Argentina. Said he played a lot of games at start of season but has had a good rest now and is looking forward to it if Joe brings him

I would rather see him get a good rest otherwise he will be playing non-stop more or less to World cup!

he has new baba as well and believe me he will need the sleep!!! my little one is only 8 months and I think the last time I got a proper sleep was around.......8 months ago

I would echo this. Given that he had the Lions tour last summer he really should have this one off and get use to the addition to the family.

In rugby terms I think it better if Schmidt takes Jackson, Keatley and Madigan to Argentina and comes back with a better idea of who is to be the backup to Sexton next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

In rugby terms I think it better if Schmidt takes Jackson, Keatley and Madigan to Argentina and comes back with a better idea of who is to be the backup to Sexton next season.

Exactly, we need either Jackson or Madigan to stand up and make themselves number 2, I just can't see Keatley getting past either of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I too would like to see Sexton stay at home and give Argentina a miss - I am surprised he seems so keen to go. He had virtually no break last summer, so I would love to see him get some decent down time.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭bgrove

Predictions for tonight lads. First ten mins will tell if racing have showed up. Toul by 10pts.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Not surprisingly the regular season games went in favour of the home team!

Racing 25 - 5 Toulouse
    Toulouse 30 - 6 Racing

I do hope Racing win though.

Toulouse by 6. Camara starts ahead of Nyanga. Anyone know the reason for that selection?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭bgrove

I know they trying to put a positive spin to it, but the training ground row is anything but. Pressure on racing, free busses for fans etc?

• Advertisement

bgrove wrote: »
    I know they trying to put a positive spin to it, but the training ground row is anything but. Pressure on racing, free busses for fans etc?

Sexton has plenty of rows at Leinster as well, almost came to blows with Reddan a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

3-0 Toulouse after couple of early errors from Racing.

Racing not lacking in physicality but basic errors cost them position.

Policing of offside is ridiculous.

Good man JS: 3-3

Toulouse tackling is immense, Racing are losing ground with each phase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

My bt sport sub hasn't come through yet. Devo. How are the bookies viewing this

• Advertisement

Ouch for Fritz. Big hit in the head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Ouch, clumsy and a nasty outcome. Goodnight monsieur

errlloyd wrote: »
    My bt sport sub hasn't come through yet. Devo. How are the bookies viewing this

Toulouse were 6 point favourites going in.

Ouch. Bad split and a concussion too I'd say given the manner he was staggering around when he tried to push the medic away repeatedly.

Fritz took a serious knock there.

• Advertisement

Rog screaming the French equivalent of dowtcha boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭sweetthing

Fritz took a serious knock there.

Bust nose if ive ever seen one

Very open, if careless, game at this point. Surprising given the rep of the top14 (dont get to see much)

sweetthing wrote: »
    Bust nose if ive ever seen one

Thought it was eye socket?

Toulouse don't look great to be honest. Not getting any territory, not keeping the ball very well either.

Jonny is firing them over so far: 3-9

Toulouse are playing too loose. Ho ho. But seriously, they're forcing it and their error count is high giving Racing possession and territory. In this type of physical clash, penalties will come.

Racing are going to take huge confidence from the first 30.

They've been great kicks. Looking like one of those days where he hits everything. The distance he put on the second one is the longest I've ever seen from him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Racing will be delighted with how it's going. But thing change quickly down there

Toulouse have only spent 1 second in the Racing 22 so far, according to Canal's stats. Racing on less than a minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

Toulouse scrum is in serious trouble here.

Toulouse are the highest spenders in the top 14 officially. You have to wonder if Noves is getting the best out of them.

And another outstanding kick from Sexton.

3-12

Toulouse have a young loosehead starting ahead of Steenkamp, it's not paying off so far...

Buer wrote: »
    Thought it was eye socket?

Looked like his entire face was bust, so probably!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Sexton's pass should be put in a museum or something, beautiful

Fritz...is coming back on? :eek:

Fking hell Fritz is coming back.

There is no bloody way in hell he's fit to play again tonight. He was visibly wobbling.

• Advertisement

No way fritz should be allowed back on the pitch.

Advertisement