Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

French rugby Updates : Le café du Rugby.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭19543261

Finding this a bit slow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

Clermont are happy to try bash their way through but Montpellier are defending too well for that to work

Clermont are now a man down,still 3-3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Looks like things might not be as straightforward for home sides in the Top 14 this year.

Trinh-Duc has a tough kick to win it.

• Advertisement

He's made it!

Clermont defeated again at home!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Wow huge result

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

matthew8 wrote: »
    Clermont defeated again at home!

Incredible stuff. Beaten in their fortress. Well now, things are not what they used to be in Clermont.....no longer to be feared.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭nc6000

Shame Sky didn't show that game. I'll look forward to the highlights on TV5 on Sunday AM.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

nc6000 wrote: »
    Shame Sky didn't show that game

As someone who signed up for sky sports today I'm bloody pissed they didn't show this game. That said they are showing two games tomorrow LaRochelle's first home game against Toulouse and then the big one Racing V Toulon.

Should be good.

As someone who signed up for sky sports today I'm bloody pissed they didn't show this game. That said they are showing two games tomorrow LaRochelle's first home game against Toulouse and then the big one Racing V Toulon.

Should be good.

I'm in South West France right now and was tempted to go to that match, but have been invited out. Anyway, I hadn't realised TV5 did highlights on Sunday morning.....what time, anyone?

Stadium looks nice at la rochelle let's see if they can pull of a shock win against Toulouse.

Wins for Bordeaux, Lyon, Racing, Toulouse, Stade and Castres for me today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭nc6000

The TV5 show is called Jour de Rugby and is usually on at about 10.00 on a Sunday. Sky channel 796.

This looks like a great game. Bobo playing like it's 2006. Toulouse really narrow in defense.

La rochelle have two huge but lively props, funny watching them carry. Great game so far 7-7, home fans seem really into it. Saying that their team are throwing it around in all positions so entertaining to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

This looks like a great game. Bobo playing like it's 2006. Toulouse really narrow in defense.

Is it on tv?

Is it on tv?

Sky sports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

Sky sports.

Fuppin baxtards... Their website says otherwise.

http://m.skysports.com/liveonsky/rugbyunion

Cheers, watching now.

27 minutes gone and it's 14-13 to Toulouse, entertaining stuff. Nice to see it tight.

• Advertisement

Big let off for La Rochelle with the disallowed try. They can't let this get to 2 scores in Toulouse's favour.

17-16 HT - not sure how long La Rochelle can stay with them. Beautiful town btw!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

La rochelle have two huge but lively props, funny watching them carry.

Atonio is a Kiwi but qualifies for France in November and PSA is set to call him up. A lot of big clubs were after him (and were set to pay a transfer fee to break his contract) before La Rochelle won promotion.

La Rochelle are insistent on avoiding structure and tight play. Tried to quick tap and go a penalty on their own 10 with nothing really on. They'll do very well to stay up.

22-22 - 60 minutes gone and Toulouse down to 14...

Game on, delighted I didn't have to go ikea shopping in the end!

Toulouse looking like the away Toulouse of last year. I backed La Rochelle pre game to have a decent chance but having seen how it's unfolded they should be putting them away, instead they go behind 25-22 with stupid errors.

Home crowd loving this La Rochelle take the lead 25-22

You have to love the plucky home French team! Audi, Bobo, Alofa Alofa, take a bow! Try!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭19543261

Jesus christ I'm going to need to invest in some method to get French tv stations this streaming gig isnt doing it for me.

• Advertisement

Nice counter attacking try by La Rochelle, crowd go mad.

This looks like a nice little Saturday afternoon product Sky have bought into.

Bit of a stupid penalty to give away. Discipline had to be key there to keep Toulouse 2 scores away.

Props (different ones) again did brilliant work there for that try.

Sky Sports simply have to show every La Rochelle home game this year. Tremendous by Alofa Alofa!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

Never really saw anything from Alofa Alofa in the Super VX, but he's done well for both tries today!

Sky Sports simply have to show every La Rochelle home game this year. Tremendous by Alofa Alofa!

Look whatever happens to La Rochelle this year they are a great team to watch.

Bordeaux were always my second team however Le Rochelle might be now!

Tremendous game, great entertainment.

• Advertisement

Never really saw anything from Alofa Alofa in the Super VX, but he's done well for both tries today!

He was always good enough for the Waratahs. Scored a few good and important tries for them. A starter for the best (or second best, depending on your opinion of Toulon) club team in the world was always going to stand out in La Rochelle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

He was always good enough for the Waratahs. Scored a few good and important tries for them. A starter for the best (or second best, depending on your opinion of Toulon) club team in the world was always going to stand out in La Rochelle.

OK, I wasn't saying he was no good, I just never really noticed him. I probably didn't see too many Waratahs games either though, especially in the early part of the season.

Toulouse floundering here. C'mon La Rochelle.....nearly there! Fabulous to watch.

La Rochelle have Grenoble away then Castres at home in their next two matches, they could pick up a few more points there.

So Clermont were beaten at home last night and Toulouse have just lost in La Rochelle. Changing of the guard?

• Advertisement

For Clermont, definitely. But everyone loses away in France. Toulouse should actually be better this year than last.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

vienne86 wrote: »
    So Clermont were beaten at home last night and Toulouse have just lost in La Rochelle. Changing of the guard?

I think a little bit. The teams that dominated 1995 - 2010 are not the teams to keep the eye on. Toulouse, Clermont and Stade Francais are not the most feared sides. Perpignan and Biarritz play in a lower division.

Toulouse and Clermont will still be thereabouts but I wouldn't be backing either for the title. I think that will come from one of last season's semi finalists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

JOC looks in top form. Happy for him.

Nasty late his on Sexton by Craig Burden. Ball was well gone, knew what he was doing.

This is the most enterprising I've ever seen Racing. They've spun it wide repeatedly in their own 22 and gone the length of the field there for a try. Up 17-7 now after 49 minutes.

Sexton off,was there another late hit there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

I've said it before I'll say it again, Lualala was absolutely wasted at Munster. He's having a stormer of a game. Distributing and running is fantastic. He's delivered racing ball to get them out of their 22 three times now, and the last time resulted in a try.

Leinster absolutely missed a trick there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Swan Curry wrote: »

Probably just a combo of all of them. Looks like his jaw is knackered tho. He broke his jaw in 2010 iirc.

Swan Curry wrote: »

Didn't see anything but he was definitely caught. I suspect it was when he slung the pass in his own 22 to start the move leading to the try. It was very quick hands and the Toulon tackler was right up on him. I followed the ball but good chance he got smashed after the pass was gone.

They said at half time he has come in for a bit of attention from the Toulon players so looks like they've done what they intended and had him taken off hurt.

He was rubbing his jaw coming off; he had that broken and wired back in 2010 so concerning to see it taking such a blow.

Toulon could pinch this now with Sexton gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Well Munster didn't let him go, they were just unable to match what he was being offered. In which case Leinster aren't allowed to exceed what Munster can offer are they.

• Advertisement
Advertisement