Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

French rugby Updates : Le café du Rugby.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Speaking of Bordeaux, I would LOVE them to knock the socks of Gloucester today. Would love to see them in Europe next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

I'm looking forward to that game alright. Apparently Bordeaux are taking it very seriously (unlike their challenge cup attempts) and bringing an extended squad and entire backroom staff over to make it a memorable occasion. The chance of a few Champions Cup games in the brand new football stadium (42,000 seater) is their real carrot here. They'll move some home games to that stadium next year (Toulouse for certain and maybe Toulon).

Now I have to decide a round of golf or watch this game in the afternoon, hope wet weather makes the decision for me.

I'm looking forward to that game alright. Apparently Bordeaux are taking it very seriously (unlike their challenge cup attempts) and bringing an extended squad and entire backroom staff over to make it a memorable occasion. The chance of a few Champions Cup games in the brand new football stadium (42,000 seater) is their real carrot here. They'll move some home games to that stadium next year (Toulouse for certain and maybe Toulon).

Now I have to decide a round of golf or watch this game in the afternoon, hope wet weather makes the decision for me.

Chance to make amends for last week's loss of 6th spot. Hopefully with the French coaching ticket now sorted, they can get back to their winning ways. Also we owe it to Connacht to hope Gloucester get knocked out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Confirmed: Guy Noves will take over as France coach after RWC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

iroced wrote: »
    Knew about Pélissié. Didn't about Tulou.

As I keep repeating it's not all about money. Racing are failing to achieve what Toulon are doing. Is it just a matter of time (Toulon also had their disappointing years at the start of the Boudjelal era) or are they doing things wrong? Time will tell. But I certainly don't think they're doing things the best way. And to start with, I'm not sure getting the Castres duet as coaches was a good idea. Sexton was a pointless experience from a Racing point of view in the end. The club didn't really progress.

---

By the way, don't know if it's been said but Guy Novès is the new France head manager => http://www.lequipe.fr/Rugby/Actualites/Noves-prochain-manager-du-xv-de-france/562600

Hopefully he makes Les Bleus look like and as successful as the 1994-2012 Toulouse :P.
    Confirmed: Guy Noves will take over as France coach after RWC.

old news dude. do you even read this thread? :p:D

old news dude. do you even read this thread? :p:D

It was confirmed this morning though by FFR.

It was confirmed this morning though by FFR.

Given France's obvious reluctance to have a non-French coach, I think Noves is their best bet. He should have the respect of the players anyway.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Aix en Provence promoted to Pro D2 after a one point aggregate win over Chambery.

Aix en Provence promoted to Pro D2 after a one point aggregate win over Chambery.

A bit like Bristol V Worcester! I see Aix en Provence are beside Marseille, would like a few more nothern france clubs in ProD2.

• Advertisement

A bit like Bristol V Worcester! I see Aix en Provence are beside Marseille, would like a few more nothern france clubs in ProD2.

Lille take a 14 point lead into their semi tonight against Nevers so your wish could soon come true!

Lille would be fantastic for North France rugby expansion. From what I can gather they play in a 18,000 capacity stadium and have some wealth backers but what French club doesn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

Fantastic win by Bordeaux there. Talk about digging deep. Awesome finish and delighted they'll play in Europe next year

I'd love a trip to Bordeaux next season!

Fantastic win by Bordeaux there. Talk about digging deep. Awesome finish and delighted they'll play in Europe next year

Excellent!!!!! Thoroughly recommend Bordeaux as a place worth going to for an away match! I'm delighted for them as the second half of their season was shaky - they play great rugby. Also, delighted Gloucester were put away after the travesty of their win against Connacht last weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

They've made some good signings too IIRC? AAC and Luke Braid spring to mind.

• Advertisement

Lille also up to Pro D2, with a 2-point aggregate win over Nevers.

Incidentally today was the first time I noticed the use of white cards in a match. It's a ten minute sin-bin but not cumulative. What competitions are these used in? (these are not the same as the ones for unidentified culprits that super rugby has/had)

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Well then straight away. Ibanez to Leinster !!!!

Midi saying Racing Metro 92 will be known as Racing 92 next season. This is because their 14 year deal with the Paris Metro (RATP) has ended. I had no idea the 'Metro' name was there because of sponsorship.

Midi saying Racing Metro 92 will be known as Racing 92 next season. This is because their 14 year deal with the Paris Metro (RATP) has ended. I had no idea the 'Metro' name was there because of sponsorship.
    Me neither. Strange sponsor....I wouldn't have thought sponsoring a rugby team would be any boost to the business!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

vienne86 wrote: »
    Me neither. Strange sponsor....I wouldn't have thought sponsoring a rugby team would be any boost to the business!

They used to be the sports club for the metro employees back in the day

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I look forward to the Leinster DARTs and the Munster Euro Bus titles from now on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

Swiwi. wrote: »
    They've made some good signings too IIRC? AAC and Luke Braid spring to mind.

Oh and I see Bruce is back. Reihana to help coach.

Renowned advocate of fair play Jamie Cudmore is stirring the pot ahead of the semi-final...

@JNCudmore wrote:
    Run of play is one thing but intentionally stepping on someone's face is another level ! What a coward.

Renowned advocate of fair play Jamie Cudmore is stirring the pot ahead of the semi-final...

What a legend though.

Euan Murray joins Pau on a 2 year deal. He'll be on good bucks there. Pau will certainly be an interesting team to watch next year.

David Smith signs a four year deal with Castres. He did week to get four years..

Massive shame this born and bred Samoan never played for his country, a great pity for the international game.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 seanm187

David Smith signs a four year deal with Castres. He did well to get four years...
    I wonder did he add a relegation get-out clause to his contract. The way that Castres are being stripped of players, I wouldnt be surprised to see them go down in the next year or two. They were already lucky this year not to go down..

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Flashdean

Is the toulon Stade game not on tv tonight????

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭the perfect ten

Yes, it is on TV5Monde. It kicks off at 19.45 Irish time.

And Sky Sports red button

• Advertisement

Yes, it is on TV5Monde. It kicks off at 19.45 Irish time.

And it's on SS2 red button.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Flashdean

Ahh i see good stuff!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Ou et le match?

P_1 wrote: »
    Ou et le match?

Disparu!

Non. KO 20.00 according to Ultimate Rugby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

vienne86 wrote: »
    Disparu!

Non. KO 20.00 according to Ultimate Rugby.

Grand job, are TV5 Monde showing this?

P_1 wrote: »
    Grand job, are TV5 Monde showing this?

Yep - lovely looking night in Bordeaux.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

You couldn't do much more than that to waste an opportunity

Stade started with a great turnover but a string of handling errrors follow - can't do that against Toulon.

C'mon Stade!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Almost the typical Toulon start, getting the early kick on board. LH's radar appears a little off. Not an easy kick but pretty straight in front.

• Advertisement

Ah Mitchell runs in a try......well worked - made it look easy.

Oh dear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

lovely chip, shades of tommy bowe in cardiff from mitchell

And there's the early try. Bit of a handy bounce but Mitchell pounces with some good predatory work. Was it Hernandez with the chip? Deft.

And that's the difference a bouncing ball makes. One team got it, the other didn't.

STB having a shocking start.

Ah amother great opportunity screwed up. Stade just HAVE to take those opportunities.

Only noticed the tribute from Masoe...nice touch.

• Advertisement

Nice kick for Steyn - 10-6 now.

Forward pass?

Christ almighty that inside pass. Delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

That's a close one, could go either way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

great score

• Advertisement
Advertisement