Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a new broadband network please :)

• 13-04-2010 9:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭

Hi all you techie's:)

i come in peace without much knowledge!
    currently im using meteor broadband to go on my laptop and my contract with them goes in may thank god. really dont like it one minute its really fast next its shockingly slow or doesnt work and i never have enough Gbs for the month....
    my current deal is 5GB for €16.99 so id like a price around the same as that but id prefer a fastest,bigger package network if possible
    ive seen 3 do a deal 10GB for €20.00 but is it any good?
    i use my internet for usual purposes.... youtube,facebook,boards,games now and again and i hate running out of data!

cheers lads appreciate any help given:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Are you looking for a mobile broadband service like you have currently, or a fixed one that will only work in your home.

If it's the former, then visit the midband forum: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1147

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

thanks for the link... id probably prefer the mobile just in case although i think ive used it twice outside my house:rolleyes:

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Mobile is poor. It's not Broadband. All the Mobile systems are like what you have experienced from time to time. They are complementary to Real Broadband, intended by design for short "on the go" usage.

Since you have only used your current package twice away, then get Fixed Broadband (via phone line, Chorus/NTL/UPC cable, fibre or even Fixed outdoor aerial Wireless). All can be used with a WiFi router for cordless use in the home.

Advertisement