Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2004 TREK 5.9 MADONE

• 13-04-2010 9:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 388 ✭✭

2004 Trek madone 5.9 52cm

Lack of use/space force,s sale.
    New Dura-ace Bottom bracket and KNC lightweight chain fitted.
    Bike has full dura-ace group. Very light approx 16-17lb,s with pedals.

Spec is same as This ,Excluding bars,stem,seatpost have been changed.The Stem is 90mm, Bars 440mm and crank 175mm

There are marks on frame and fork consistent with use. The bike accelerates quickly, And is comfortable to ride for a race frame.

€1050
    P1010893.jpg?t=1271248822P1010895.jpg?t=1271248880P1010894.jpg?t=1271248910P1010897.jpg?t=1271248962P1010896.jpg?t=1271248996

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Do you have a picture of the actual bike ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 388 ✭✭El.duderino

Please read my AD before you post. I will Add photos tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭coolbeans

Wow, rude. Way to sell a bike.

Clearly not. I think I know this specific bike. I am interested particularly in seeing the marks on the frame to see the extent of those.

I take it the spec has not changed since you bought it (link below to original spec) apart from the new BB and chain. Unless you switched out the MTB pedals ?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=64439185&postcount=1

EDIT: Also interesting in the following measurements: crank length, bar width, stem length.

Yes its the same spec as stated . Except new BB and chain. I didnt mean to be rude. I,m not in good form tonight.copy.pngfavicon.icotrans.png

The Stem is 90mm, Bars 440mm and crank 175mm

• Advertisement

Photos added.

Ok, paintwork a little rough (standard enough on Treks which I always found to have very soft paint), but acceptable from the pics. Would have to swap the cranks, bars and stem though, so I offer 850. Will let that hang out there for a while and if you don't get a better offer and want to deal around that price, let me know.

Thanks for reply Quigs. If you were to meet me @ 900. You could wheel away into the sunset..?
    Or you can take it for 800 and I retain the crank+bb. As you said you would swop out the crank.
    If your interested in either offer please PM me. I have had another offer just shy of yours from a friend of a friend. Unfortunatly space is a issue and I would like to move quickly. Thanks

Tempting, but I have to hang tough at 850 for the lot. I reckon I could swap those 175 cranks + cash for a set of 170mm ones round here, so it would be better to have them than not. I have to factor in a 200 mile round trip to Dublin this weekend to test ride / pick this up also.

Ok Quigs, We have a deal for complete bike @ 900. I,m giving you fuel allowance of 50 as your coming up from south. So you only pay agreed 850.

Pm sent.

• Advertisement

Sold to Quigs_Snr. Good luck with racing. Pleasure to deal with.

Advertisement