Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice needed

Options
  • 13-04-2010 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi first time poster... there is a big ash tree that is belonging to my neighbour hanging over my drive, in the autumn it destroys my yard with leaves i have confronted the owner and asked him if it would be ok to get the tree cut back by a tree surgeon but he making a big deal out of it has to ask his mother, brother, ect. the tree is 100 yrs old ,plus i was going to pay to get it cut back, just wondering what my rights are. He still didnt get back to me on it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Unless you plan on sawing it down with the crankset from a racing bike I think you are in the wrong forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

For what it's worth, if it is over your property, you can do what you like with the overhanging bits.

In more bike related advice: always keep your tires pumped up, it will help avoid punctures and the bike will roll better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 pookie123

sorry can somebody move it thanks ,as i said first time poster

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Wait, what kind of bicycle do you ride?!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,072 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Moved to Gardening.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Vanhalla

you are legally entitled to cut the bejayus out of that branch . go for it. post some pics

trying to be smart just cause i posted in wrong forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Vanhalla

no im telling u if there is a branch or whatever hanging in over your land then u can do what u like with it! legally

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

afaik you are legally entitled to cut back any branches that overhang onto your side of a boundary...with the stipulation that you must return any of the cut materials to the owner of the tree.....so no firewood for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

If its 100 year old tree it was there before you leave it be. :)

• Advertisement

thanks for the advice folks

Advertisement