Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hard time letting a room

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭waxon-waxoff

Im in the same position as the OP. Started a thread on this before but somehow it got hijacked by peoples rants about owner occupiers.

Its true that rents have dropped but i think theres also much less people looking now, job cuts etc. Im getting about 2 viewings a week, three years ago it was 5 or 6 per night. I moved in a few months ago and now the other dude has moved away so im trying to get somebody but im getting worried. If i cant get someone ill have to go and lose my deposit i suppose.

The other posters here keep saying its too expensive and they wouldnt pay that much, but it depends what your priority is. I am willing to pay a bit more for a good location for the quality of life it brings. What good is saving a hundred quid if you have to share a bathroom with three others, in a depressing estate miles from anywhere, where you have to drive to get to a shop and spend half an hour on a bus to get to town. Ill be in the suburbs long enough when i get married :rolleyes:

Advertisement