Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick Dog

Options
  • 13-04-2010 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi Folks,

I came home this evening and I found my dog (10 months) getting sick in the corner of the garden.

Once I went out to the garden he seemed fine - the usually full of life. but then I also noticed he was excreting a green mucus from his male parts...

Any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks

Dan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Do you mean he has diarrhoea? When you say male parts i dont understand?

The only thing that should come from his male parts is urine. If you mean he has the runs then thats not his male parts.

If he does have the runs as well as vomitting then he needs a vet, sooner rather than later too. A dog that has both can get dehydrated very quickly and go downhill too so a trip to the vets is needed.

A young pup can get sick and go down hill fast so try and get your pup to the vets soon.
    For the moment try and make sure he is drinking to try and keep hydrated.

Dont feed the pup anything for the moment because if his stomach is upset then anything he eats will only make him worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

A dog getting sick is not particularly extraordinary or worrying ...might have eaten grass, or too fast or something that's been dead too long.

Mucus on the penis however does sound worrying ...unless he wasn't just licking himself after having eaten grass and puked and that way transfered some greenly tinged slime onto his penis ....then I'd get him to the vet pretty pronto.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 dan.inc

thanks for the replies folks. it did looked like proper mucus on his penis.

I fed him the usual and he seemed ok, also went for a walk and he's been in great form. But i've an appointment in the vets first thing tomorrow just in case - hopefully they don't think i'm being OTT.

Tks

Dan

Advertisement