Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Stories

Options
  • 13-04-2010 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

This is probably my worst area in the Irish exam. They're all just frickin' weird and read like they were from a children's book or something.

So what are all you'se dropping in favor of another one? I, personally, am dropping Cearrbach Mac Caba. Not only is it long and hard (that's what she said), but has the most convoluted storyline I've seen for some time, and I do Classical Studies! You should see the s*it that goes on down there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

I'm not doing an bhean óg. A woman who goes to the beach with her child everyday and then whinges about how sh*t her life is?? No thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

And bhean og is more then likely going, although I think we haven't done claire sa speir, so maybe the teacher decided to drop it already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Reckoner91

Slugs wrote: »
    And bhean og is more then likely going, although I think we haven't done claire sa speir, so maybe the teacher decided to drop it already.

Pretty much the same as nufcNavan's summary of An Bhean Óg except this woman sits in a tree-house instead of whinging.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I don't like Lig Sin I gCathú because nothing much happens in it but i've studied it anyway and if it comes up i'll be able to answer it. I won't answer Claire sa Spéir because I havn't really covered it but I might try and do it myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 OoOROiSiNOoO

Can they come up as a compulsory question, without any choice? I don't want to leave Lig Sinn i gCathu out just incase it does come up but I HATE IT!!!!!!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Zephyr91

For prose and poetry basically I am learning simply but accurate summaries of the story. And just say a question comes up about, I dunno....how drinking is portrayed in Fiche Blian ag Fas - would I get the marks if I wrote out a simple page long summary, and adding on to some parts (like were one of them pukes and the other gets angry with the barmaid) that alcohol is portrayed in a negative fashion and the like? Or because i'm doing honours am I expected to give some big complicated answer.

Advertisement