Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with a new build please..

Options
  • 13-04-2010 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi all,

I've been researching and reading on tomshardware.co.uk, here and Google for the last few weeks to help with putting together a gaming

and development machine with a flexibe budget of EUR1000 plus a monitor exVAT. I am looking at two possible directions:

i5-750, LGA 1156, 2x ATI 4850 in Crossfire
    or
    i7-930, LGA 1366, ATI 5850

I want this to still be a very good machine in 2 years.

I'm shopping primarily on dabs.ie and komplett.ie (worried about ordering with them since the website fell apart, but they're much cheaper than Dabs).

Where I'm stuck now is deciding on a motherboard and case for each box.

So I'd love some input on the build in general and more specifically on options for the motherboard and case.

Another small question that has come up is about wifi. I'd like to have a wireless n card in it but the cheapest route seems to be a usb stick as

I'm paying EUR40-60 otherwise! Is this the case or have I missed something?

Details are here or in the image below:

NewPC.gif

P.S. This will be my third build but the last was back in 2005.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Comments

Advertisement