Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Updating Maps, Help Needed

Options
  • 13-04-2010 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

I bought me first Garmin 2day - garmin nuvi 265WT (Ireland, Uk and Europe maps) and bought 8gb memory for it as well. I installed all the software for the computer. Then I decided to do upgrade maps. Download a file 3.5 gb, than i saw a msg, that it's not enough space and i need to choose some maps for upgrade.. ..I chosed to do it for Europe only and now when i tried to chose Ireland in the beggining because i live in Irelan and want to check some direction, I CAN'T! it looks like this map disappeared. i don't know what to do...
    P.S. In the begining was everything ok...cool.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Sounds like a problem with your map upgrade. How did you do it?
    Did you do it manually, i.e. select map tiles, and upload, or some other mechanism?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Gelena

Thank you.
    I download a file "garmin_rmu_cneunt2010_30c.exe". Then press twice on it, it was asking for a gps i contect a gps by usb cable to computer. Than computer started to do something and after 10 min that i was able to see some msg, that its too big and .....a rest of it you already know...
    i was in the shop 2day a guy told me that GARMIN works this way. Most maps should be in the computer. But i thought if it's updating it has to update maps which already on a Garmin but not update one and a delete rest of them. Am i right? :confused:
    it's kind of confusing :eek:. It's mean: every time i go in different country i have to dowload map, then make update map and then only use Garmin.. But why i can't keep all my maps with me...

Advertisement