Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ringing a pub to ask them to stock a drink

Options
  • 13-04-2010 11:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone ever done this?

I'll be heading to a pub on Saturday night for a friend's birthday, and I'd like them to get in some Pint Bottles of either Guinness or Macardles.

AFAIK both products are supplied by Diageo so theoretically it should be no bother to the pub to just ring them and ask for a crate or two of each. They'd definitely be drank on the night, because I'm here chatting to another mate on FB and he said he would also like them to do this and would drink either of the drinks I mentioned.

I won't mention the name of the pub just yet.

Is it worth a shot, or would it be a complete waste of time.

At no time since I've been drinking in this establishment have they ever stocked anything "out of the ordinary" and I always at least ask for Large Bottles of Guinness every time I go in.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

It's always worth a shot in this climate :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Top idea! Let us know what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Well worth a shot, especially if they want your business

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

I'm thinking about doing the same for the hotel where I'll be having my wedding reception next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Worth a shot Des sure, all they can do is say no.

Let us know how you get on as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Called them this afternoon, some general barman answered and I asked for the manager, not there. Cellarman? not there either.

Have to ring in the morning between 10-12, hopefully it's not too late for them to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

It depends if they've already got their Diageo delivery or not. I would presume not as i know most pubs in Limerick & Cork get theirs on a Friday. I would think its the same for the rest of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Well they may be produced by Diagio but they would be supplied by C&C or Coca Cola or one of the other distributers. We have to have our order in by Monday and it's delivered Wednesday. Every place is different though, although i have a feeling you'll be too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

I'm thinking about doing the same for the hotel where I'll be having my wedding reception next year.

Had my wedding in 2007 & they ordered in 3 different whiskies especially for me. The manager had the attitude that if we don't use them up other customers will. But that is probably easier for hotels to do this with spirits rather than bottles of beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭danmanw8

If it's too late for them to order it, then maybe bring it with you.
    They will make super profits but you'll have the products you want available.
    I did this for my wedding.....brought a case of a speciality beer from the states. they put it in the fridge behind the bar and charged €4 a bottle for it. You will ahve to pay for it from the bar anyway so the only extra cost to you is the off license price which is probably about 80% less.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

I did this at my wedding reciently, I ask for a particular spirit to be the one server as the "House" Spirit and they had no issue with this at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

Des wrote: »
    Has anyone ever done this?

I'll be heading to a pub on Saturday night for a friend's birthday, and I'd like them to get in some Pint Bottles of either Guinness or Macardles.

Did this at work a few months ago. A guy (unknown to us) rang midweek looking to see if we could stock pint bottles (room temperature of course!) for his fiance's father as they were coming in to celebrate their engagement that weekend. Was done no hassle and he put them away handily.

Good luck.

Advertisement