Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

• 14-04-2010 12:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭

Iv given up home on this bástard of an xbox and want it repaired so I wanna know how much Im gonna be spending, roughly.

Anyone been in to see these guys? How much was the repair quote for your 360?

Edit: o... k, I guess business names in the title are a no no, sorry. But has anyone been to GSM solutions. ie?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Whats wrong with it?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,286 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Is it out of warranty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

If it's got the rrod, then there's a 3 year warranty on it afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

I got it back from a mate who I lent it to for about 7 months, it has the rrod, not sure which type, but after 10 or 15 minutes of slapping it around it finally started to work. I got a good week or 2 out of it before it started bein dodgy again.
    Its not getting the rrod anymore, but instead, it does a few odd things.
    Eg. In forza 3, I cant get past the first lap in a season race without the roads becoming transparent, the sound freezing, and eventually, the error telling me to clean the disc and/or reset the console.
    Another is, it will just freeze, sort of like a static tv when you have no signal, but the snow is colourful.
    And finally, it just wont get past the loading screen before a race.

Believe me, the 3 year warranty is long gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Think the average price for repairs is about 60 quid for the rrd. But talking from experience, the repair job doesn't fully fix it for long. I know a few people that got it "fixed" a few times only for it to break down a few weeks later again. The newer ones are supposed to be better and don't break down as easily, from my understanding.So if you have the bucks you might be better offf getting one of the newer ones.

• Advertisement

I dropped it in there yesterday evening, they got back to me and said it'll take 2-3 weeks to fix it, and its gonna cost 65euro. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 CrackerXYZ

My friend swears by gsm solutions. Glad you got sorted.:D

Forgot about this thread, I got my 360 back Tuesday just gone. €65, they replaced the internal hard drive. The xbox is workin graaand so theyve got positive feedback from me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 CrackerXYZ

One or two posters here have typical Irish begrudery for what ever reason. It just goes to show, you can't please all of the people, all of the time.:D

Glad you got sorted.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

graverobbing old threads is a messy affair.

back to the pale underworld with you.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement