Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corkagh Park

Options
  • 14-04-2010 12:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭

Does anybody know the current status of Corkagh Park?

Is it still open?
    How much?
    What species present?
    Best methods??

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.....

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

Yeah, it is still open. Under new management again they seem like nice guys.

I think it is still €20.00 for the full day. the fly lake (trout) The coarse lake (tench carp roach and perch).

It seems to be fishing well and some of the regulars who fell out with the last owners are now back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Yeah, it is still open. Under new management again they seem like nice guys.

I think it is still €20.00 for the full day. the fly lake (trout) The coarse lake (tench carp roach and perch).

It seems to be fishing well and some of the regulars who fell out with the last owners are now back.
    Walked around it at weekend,going to buy a bit of gear and start fishing as its not that far away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Dr4gul4

Sounds like a good spot, altho i cant find any thing on rules on there site

Rules: After catch and release they seem very relaxed.

Irelandspurs: They rent out gear I think its a €5 for the day.

Well C & R should be the way always :)

More concerned about ground bait, boilies, cat foot, popup's etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

there are loads of threads about it on www.carpfishingireland.com have a look on that site the carp lads there can give you all the specific info you need. i fished it once its not that hard although not my favourite place, a bit too 'public' for me

Fair play all the same, even if it is public, still worth a shot some day ...

Also might i add, what's this jazz about keeping carp lakes a secret all about, i know a few lads now who's mentioned it, and how total wrong it is .. even with all the poaching that's been happening ..

Dr4gul4 wrote: »
    Also might i add, what's this jazz about keeping carp lakes a secret all about, i know a few lads now who's mentioned it, and how total wrong it is .. even with all the poaching that's been happening ..

the answer is in your question, most experienced anglers do not publicise the location of good fishing on 'free lakes' on a public site like this. if they do the vans full of the people who like to eat carp (and anything else that swims) will arrive and ruin the fishing. however if the water is commercial or closely monitored like corkagh park then there is less chance that the poachers will hit it, therefore it can be spoken about a bit more freely. If i knew of a 'public lake' that was fishing well i would not disclose any information on a public web site like this one or any other.
    give corkagh a try i understand its under new management and the place is being run well, i think it costs about €20 a day. tight lines.

Well i cant really (and wont) argue with your point, mainly as i agree with it, it's just such a shame really, i've only recently gotten back in to coarse fishing, and was shocked to learned we actually had carp in this country.

Any who, Wasnt having a go, hope it didnt seem like that.

Tight lines

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Rules: After catch and release they seem very relaxed.

Irelandspurs: They rent out gear I think its a €5 for the day.
    Ah i want to get some gear again anyway,sold mine last year but will get some more.:D

• Advertisement

yes i agree it is a shame but that's the way this little green land is run (we wont go down that road now!).
    These days there are lots of lakes in Ireland with carp, far more than there was 15 or 20 years ago, and the number of carp fisheries is rising year on year. carp are in the river Shannon and in time will spread to other rivers and the larger limestone loughs too, there is little doubt about that. its a branch of the sport that is gaining popularity. i am mostly a game angler myself though i do a little carp and pike fishing now and again. so i dont buy into this whole coarse v game thing, we are all anglers after all.
    i know you were not having a go.
    I also feel that chub and barbel will become established in ireland soon, chub were already found in the river inny and its only a matter of time before somebody illegally introduces other species too.
    But as anglers we always have something new to challenge us, don't we?

I'd like to see more Carp alright, but the fisheries seem to have stopped stocking lakes with them, however they seem to be running with trout these days .

[QUOTE=Dr4gul4;65401964More concerned about ground bait, boilies, cat foot, popup's etc[/QUOTE]

I am not a 100% but I think all the above are allowed. I know they sell maggots and boillies and a few of the regulars do ground bait.

As for the poaching there is a rumour they got hit quite bad recently, (some time during the management change) but none of the lads seemed to notice a drop off in catches. They also have a monitored cctv in place which helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Tender Hoop

cheers lads, Is there a contact number I can call??

they have a website, google it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

cheers lads, Is there a contact number I can call??

11850 :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac:

they have a website, google it.

they don't.

they don't.

well it must be gone offline now because they used to have one a year or so.

here you go,
    FROM THE SOUTH DUBLIN CO CO WEBSITE

Corkagh Park Fishery
    The 'put and take' fishery was developed in 2001. The project is intended to promote angling in the greater Dublin area as a recreational resource for year round appeal to a wide range of people.

Built alongside the River Camac, it comprises two lakes stocked with fish and surrounded with a system of pedestrian pathways. The facility is the first of it's kind in the Dublin area and in addition to the fishery itself, the facility includes a tackle shop, fishing rod hire, coffee shop, public toilets and an outdoor timber deck and seating area. The facility will be run as a commercial enterprise that will in time develop into an educational and recreational resource.

Contact Details

Telephone No. 00353 1 4592625

:):):):)

• Advertisement

Dr4gul4 wrote: »

that is a link to a site that has nothing to do with the fishery... strangely enough.

Goldfish were the people who ran it a couple of years ago. They must own the domain name.

Goldfish were the people who ran it a couple of years ago. They must own the domain name.

That would indeed appear to be the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

That would indeed appear to be the case.

Not the case, Goldfish was the name of the managers company to buy the fish and run it as a commercial fishery, nothing to do with Corkagh Park, the Domain or Dublin CoCo.
    And the people who fell out with the last manager were the people who were fishing "after hours" or using illegal methods which he had zero tolerance for and had a close relationship with the gardai, youth reach centers from all over and knew how to run a fishery very well. doubt it will ever be the same as it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭viper123

Website was changed to http://www.corkaghparkfisheries.com/ but it appears to be down at the moment.
    http://www.corkaghparkfishery.com/ is a domain is owned by a previous owner who left about 2 years ago, he took the website with him.
    Phone Number is 01-4592622

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 fly123man

hi lads ,
    I was in corkaghpark on saturday fly fishing. Weed is sorted and just been stock as well . Hit double fig so was well happy with myself .
    got the web add of the lads in the shop . thier putting up 2 of the fish i caught on web site galley . its www.corkaghparkfishery.ie
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

fly123man wrote: »
    hi lads ,
    I was in corkaghpark on saturday fly fishing. Weed is sorted and just been stock as well . Hit double fig so was well happy with myself .
    got the web add of the lads in the shop . thier putting up 2 of the fish i caught on web site galley . its www.corkaghparkfishery.ie
    :)

the place is an absolute kip,Go to Oaklands in Wexford if you want a REAL carp experience

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

he's clearly trout fishing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 fly123man

AnneFrank wrote: »
    the place is an absolute kip,Go to Oaklands in Wexford if you want a REAL carp experience

drive to wexford no thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

for fly fishing try curragh springs in Kildare not far from Dublin, I fished there recently and had loads of fish great fighting fish too for stockies

Heres a review of it http://www.irishflyfisher.ie/?p=1268

Advertisement