Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corkagh Park

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

shblob wrote: »
    he's clearly trout fishing...

you do realize people are fly fishing for carp up there with a fluffy fly that looks like a dog biscuit because they wont take anything else,the long haired dude from rorys in temple bar catches them that way he showed me !

fly123man wrote: »
    drive to wexford no thanks

yeah it's soooooooo far away !!Keep wasting money in corkagh so

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Evac105

Cycle to Wexford? It's sooo far away!

(now awaits the inevitable rebuttal from AnneFrank :P )

Evac105 wrote: »
    Cycle to Wexford? It's sooo far away!

(now awaits the inevitable rebuttal from AnneFrank :P )

Rebuttal :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 corkagh park fishery

cheers lads, Is there a contact number I can call??
    Contact the fishery on 01 4592625. For January the fishery office is only open at the weekend, midweek, permits can be bought at the Caravan Park offices.
    Prices currently are:
    Annual permit Adult 1 lake - €250
    Annual permit Adult 2 lakes - €350
    Annual permit Junior - €200 (16 and under)
    Adult full day €20, half day €15, evening €10
    Junior day €10, half day €8, evening €6 (16 and under)

The correct website is http://www.corkaghparkfishery.ie The site corkaghparkfishery.com is owned by a company no longer operating the fishery. There will be regular fishing reports on http://corkaghparkfishery.blogspot.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 jm21

Hi I was going to take my young fella to Corkagh Park tomorrow, but my local bait shop in Naas told me I would have to watch my stuff up there is that true?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Well it's a public park.
    I guess is you left a road and reel lying somewhere and came back 10 minutes later it might be gone, or it might not.
    Does this make it different from anywhere else?

Stuff not in the car is on my person, at Corcagh Park, but also at all other fishing locations too.

Very true, it's just the way it was said to me that's all, I think they got that impression cause it's changed management a few times. Thanks for the reply.:)

I heard that during the changeover period there were people ignoring the rules.
    I fished it once since and it seemed ok in that respect.

He's really looking forward to it, and thats what it's about, he would do a lot of carp fishing in England with my brother, and he loves Oaklands but New Ross is too far and we're in Clane so Corkagh is the nearest to us.

He asked me to try and find out what would be the best peg to fish?:D

• Advertisement

jm21 wrote: »
    He's really looking forward to it, and thats what it's about, he would do a lot of carp fishing in England with my brother, and he loves Oaklands but New Ross is too far and we're in Clane so Corkagh is the nearest to us.

He asked me to try and find out what would be the best peg to fish?:D
    Can't speak about best peg, but coming from Clane, wouldn't Maynooth Fishery be also a reasonable distance?

I thought Maynooth was a syndicate lake? And wouldn't do a day ticket for a young fella.

Management changed there some too. I'd call to check.

I'll do that, it would be brilliant if he could fish in Maynooth, I'll try and google now to find out some more info on them, thanks for that :D

Just googled them and they do day tickets, so thats another one I can add to the list of places he'd like to fish, according to their website they restocked it last year with a lot of French carp which are doing really well, have quite a few over 30lbs and loads between 20lb and above. Sounds like a good place to go, thanks for that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 corkagh park fishery

Since Oct 2009 I can honestly say no-one using the lakes has had any tackle or gear stolen. However people leaving handbags and cameras on the front seat of thier car in the carpark have not been so lucky.

Advertisement